[chapter thirty six] terms and conditions

✧∘* ೃ ⋆。˚.

Aires pov...

I had been sat in my kitchen for thirty minutes and I still hadn't found the courage to force the words to leave my mouth. All hell broke loose last night and it was my fault, Aiden got caught in the crossroads of my mistakes. Once again, people were getting hurt because of me.

"So you know what they are?" Allison asked, forcing my attention back onto the conversation we were supposed to be having. 

"I have seen them, yes, once before. I don't know what they are though,or why they are here-"

"It's because of me." I admitted. "They are here because of me. Because I let something out."

"Aires-"

"It's my fault Chris!" No matter how hard I didn't want to snap, I couldn't stop the rest of my words from tumbling past my lips. "They are here because I was distracted, because I fucked up the spell. Okay? I brought them here. It's my fault. Let face it, I have fucked up something else again and now everything has turned into chaos."

I hadn't spoken to Aiden since Allison carried me into her car and drove me back home. Last night Lydia, Ethan, Morgan and Aiden were hurt. Stiles wasn't answering his phone and to make things even worse, Malia hadn't answered any of the hundreds of messages I sent her. If I wasn't stuck with a Isaac, my werewolf bodyguard, I would have snuck off to visit her by now.

"Last night, they cornered me outside the Sheriff station and one of them spoke to me. It said 'you let them out'. All along I've been playing a game with someone who's already ten steps ahead of me."

I had to tell them the truth, they needed to know the whole truth.

"I think I made a mistake."

I shouldn't have let her in, I could already feel the effects of her being in my head, of what she was doing to me. I thought killing her physical body was going to make her haunt my mind, I didn't realise it was also going to help her get control. The words were on the tip of my tongue, waiting to spill.

"Aires?" Allison's voice prompted with a frown on her face.

I couldn't do it, no matter how hard I wanted to. I let a dangerous version back into my mind, where she could take control at any moment. The night on the roof I told myself I let her in so I could get ahead, so I had a chance at winning. I convinced myself that I would be able to control her, to use her power but keep the thoughts she put in my head at bay.

I knew what I should've done. The second she was back in my mind I should've gone into my subconscious and trapped her behind the violet door, where she couldn't control me. I should've done it, I knew that, however I couldn't stomach the idea of going back down the white hallway that haunted me in my sleep.

I had a dangerous side of me in my mind, one that could easily seize control, one that could twist my thoughts and tempt me to spiral back into darkness. I was oblivious to just how much damage she could really do.

"I'm gonna speak to Katashi, and trust me, he will remember me." Chris mumbled as he pulled out a gun and shoved it into the waistband of his jeans.

"You guys don't need to do this. I'm the reason they are here, I don't want you going down this dangerous road, not with me."

"Aires." Chris reached across the desk and pulled my hand into his before giving it a light squeeze. "You are a daughter to me, I will protect you till my last dying breath. What happened wasn't your fault. Ever since you were born you have had to carry the world on your shoulders, you bended to its will. And then one day, you snapped. It's okay. You are not weak, you are strong. And you will not carry this burden."