20- Her first Mistake.

Roslyn- Bon Iver

Elle slept in Ian's bed after that, rubbing his back as he groaned in pain, she had an idea of why he felt like this, but she was far from the truth, Ian had gone too long without visiting the underworld, his body was failing, he didn't know it yet, but he would have to leave Elle in the morning, and that's exactly what he did, He snuck out of his bed, got dressed, grabbed a bag of things, and left, and she woke up alone, other days that would be fine, but today? Today she wanted to wake up next to him, she was so ready to forgive him, ready to be okay again, and he ruined it, she sat up, looked around, called out his name, but nothing, she got up, looked all around the place, his car was gone, she stood there, looking stupid, and clueless, how could he do this? "Hey- What's wrong?" Noah asked as he came into the room, Elle was frowning, she swallowed her tears back, "N-Nothing...", She walked past him, as quickly as she could, out the door, she ran, she didn't know exactly what she was doing, but she ran until she was out of breath, she looked around, she was at the bay, looking out onto the water, she didn't care who was around, she screamed at the top of her lungs, maybe Ian would be back tomorrow, maybe it wasn't like last time, she screamed again, people looking at her like she was crazy, some people felt sympathy, but all Elle felt was pain, it was pain.

she came home late that night, "Hey- where have you been- also is Ian with you?" Blythe asked, "Uh-", "Ian left, back to the underworld... for a while." Lexxi explained, putting a hand on Elle's arm,  Blythe look at Elle, frowning her eyebrows, she knew Elle had been crying, Elle's face had always looked so innocent when she cried, so broken, her hand was slightly shaking, "You forgave him?" She asks, Elle's face dropped into a frown, tears forming in her eyes, "Is it that obvious?" Elle chuckles, tears falling out of her eyes, Blythe gets up and walks over to her sister, pulling her into a hug, "I'm sorry.", "Don't be sorry, it's my fault for trusting him."...

Elle laid awake in her bed as she had for the past week, waiting, maybe for a call, maybe for him to burst through that door, a call is what she got, her phone buzzed and buzzed until she answered it, "Hello?", "Elena Nygma?", "Yes?", "Meet me in front of your home in 10 minutes or Damian Wayne is dead.", "Is this a prank call-", "Elle! He's got a gun to my head-", "Damian?! Shit uh- ok- 10 minutes?", "No funny business Elle.", The phone is hung up, Elle's heart was pumping, he sounded so familiar, but she couldn't put her finger on it, she couldn't wait any longer, quickly getting up, slipping on her shoes, grabbing a knife, and quickly running down the stairs, she hated elevators, soon she reached the bottom, quietly opening up the door, and leaving, her heart dropped, "Jerome?", her heart pounded, she thought she would have a heart attack, "No..." he chuckled, "Jerome is my twin... My name is Jeremiah." He smiles, it was creepier, darker than Jerome's smile, her hand was shaking slightly, as she looked around, Damian was nowhere to be seen, "Where is Damian?" She asks, "Oh yeah- no clue." He holds up a small black box, "Voice changer..." Elle nods, "Why did you want to see me?", "My brother... Is he dead?", "Yeah." She said dryly, "Good.", Elle nods, studying his face, "You two look the same...", "Yeah, That's kind of how twins work." He chuckles, "S-sorry." She mumbles, "Where is he buried?", "I-I don't know, I wasn't involved.", "How come? He told me all about you.", Elle frowned, looking back on their relationship, "He raped me.", Jeremiah felt his heart fall, "M-My brother?", Elle looked down at her feet, afraid of the man... or the man he looked like, "Yes.", "I-I'm so sorry.", "If you come by in the morning you can ask Lexxi, She knows where he is.", Elle opened the door, and shut it as soon as possible, locking it, her back against the door, her chest pounding, she slid down, sobbing as she relived the memories, of the night her mind changed.

She stayed up the rest of that night, afraid, shaking in fear, how could Jerome have a twin. literally anyone else- but him? How could that be, Maybe god was punishing Elle for all of her wrongs, all her mistakes, everything she's ever done, her phone rang, snapping her out of her head, she grabbed it, answering quickly, "Hello?", "Elle- it's Ian... I need you to pick me up.", "Pick you up Ian- where have you been for the past week- you can't just disappear-", Ian sobs on the other end of the phone, Elle stops arguing, "I relapsed..." Elle sighs, shaking her head, "Where are you?"...

Elle speeds, Ian next to her, groaning in pain, "For fucks sake what did you take!?" Elle shouts with worry, "Blow...", Elle looks at him, and then back on the road, "You were in the underworld though- how-", "Only for a day... I came back here- I-I-I couldn't help myself-", "Of course, you couldn't- You're always acting on impulse Ian-", "Don't act like you haven't done it-", She quickly pulls over the car, "It's worse when it's you! You get in a shitty fucking mood- and it hurts!" She slams her fists on the steering wheel, "Ian... I want to be with you." She whispers, "Then be with me.", "No- not like this.", she shakes her head, "Elle-", "No- let's talk about this when your sober."...

Ian was throwing up most of the night, and Elle took care of him, she felt like Blythe in a way, Blythe was always taking care of Elle, and Elle was always taking care of Ian, but at the same time Ian was always taking care of Elle, Maybe Elle was the problem, forever she was independent, but still, she couldn't take care of herself, Not like Blythe could, Blythe was so strong, she always had been, Elena always felt guilty because of it, she wanted to be like Blythe, but she couldn't, so she took care of Ian, maybe it was because it made her feel grown-up, Ian always did make her feel grown-up, He didn't treat her like a child, he took care of her like a partner, As though he loved her, They laid in bed together, Ian sound asleep, He felt so tired, worn out, Elle laid with her head on his chest, just holding him, her mind blank, she felt sad in a way, How could she live up to everything he was? He turned over, his body facing her, Elle's head now on his bicep, one arm draped across her waist, she pushed herself further into his chest, Ian wasn't a big strong man, he was 6'4, his hip bones prominent, he didn't have a six-pack, but he was toned, Elle just liked to be in his arms, she knew he would always protect her, she took in his scent, like heaven to her, "What's up baby?", He said, his voice groggy, "Huh?" She looked up, "Your crying...", She touched her face, "Oh...", she wipes her tears away, "I just... Don't want this to end.", "It doesn't have to... Not this time.", He ran his fingers through her hair, "I'm sorry that I relapsed, I just...-", "Shh... Baby I know."...

Interlude: I'm not angry anymore- Paramore

Happiness could never last with The Misfits, Something always had to happen, knock the planets out of orbit, ruin the summer with a wildfire, No one could ever just be, It was early in the morning, Elle was up, Like most mornings, usually she would be drinking coffee and Whiskey, But this morning, she was sitting on the kitchen counter, while Ian made her breakfast, A bang, Elle looked away quickly, and got down from the counter, to see what it was, Ian continued to make her breakfast Until he heard her scream, he puts everything down, quickly walking into the room over, Elle was hunched over, sobs escaping from her mouth, Ian got closer until he saw what it was, blood pooled underneath the body, Elles screams, Ian couldn't say anything, he was just as shocked as Elle, Soon the crowd of people who lived in the home gathered, and Then was Blythe, Pushing through the crowd as she heard her sisters screams, as soon as she saw, she fell to her knees, sobbing as Elle was, her screams almost as heartbreaking as her sisters, There he laid on the floor, No life in his eyes, nothing besides gray, his mouth slightly open, a bullet wound point blank from the side of his head, Milo Nygma Had Killed Himself.