1| Baby Talk

A/N: After Lana and Sean's life got turned upside down, they finally managed to settle as a newly formed family, learning how to enjoy life together even with all the struggles that it came with.

Just when they thought that they had reached the ultimate level of happiness, Lana's mood suddenly changed, leaving Sean clueless and worried about her well-being.

Welcome to the sequel of 'The way I found you'. If you're new here I recommend to read the first story😁

Just for your information: this book is starting off just a few days after the other one ended.

As always: I would love to read your thoughts in the comments 💕

Let's start a new journey together!

_______________________________________

"Sean? Matthew is coming in a second. You ready?", Lana asked through the bathroom door with Amélie on her hip. The girl just laughed whenever her mom called her daddy 'Sean' since she was pretty sure that 'dad' was his real name.

"Sawn!", Amé repeated after Lana, not getting his name completely right, but it still sounded adorable. She slammed her flat hand against the door, trying to imitate Lana, which couldn't hold back her laughter by now.

"Did she just call me 'Sean'?", the actor smirked behind the door, still concentrating on shaving to not cut himself.

"Yeah, she did. Honestly. Every time I say your real name instead of 'dad', she is not having it. She can't contain her laughter, I tell you. But anyway... are you ready?

"Yeah. Coming.", he said. "Sorry. Just realized that I needed a little trimming. The beard was long.", he confessed when stepping outside, letting his hand move over his much shorter facial hair now, which was barely existing anymore.

"Oh I can see that.", Lana said with wide-open eyes. "You almost got everything.", she complained with a high-pitched voice, whilst touching his chin to check how it actually felt when it was that short, which made Sean sigh in amusement. "Amé what do you think? Is daddy still beautiful without the beard?", She asked, looking at her baby girl but Sean cut in before she even had a chance to process the words.

"Excuse me? Of course, I am! Handsome as always, thank you! I really admire that my girlfriend loves me because of my inside and not outside. Gives me a lot of confidence.", he said sarcastically, joking with a laugh.

"Shush!", Lana said, stopping him to look back with a serious expression at Amélie. "I am having an honest conversation with my daughter, please be quiet.", she said.

"So what do you think, Amé? Is daddy pretty?", She asked, facing Sean.

"Yap!", she said, even though the girl had no clue what her mother was talking about. But agreeing to whatever it was seemed the right thing to do.

"Whatever. It will grow again.", Lana winked it off, ignoring Sean's winning smirk that had manifested on his face after his daughter's answer. "Amélie and the boys are ready as well and dinner is in the oven. That chicken needs to go in there for two hours.", Lana informed, shifting Amélie to the other side of her hip.

"Sounds great.", Sean said, giving her a quick kiss. "What was the name of his girlfriend again? Maxie?", he asked, really trying to remember but like everyone knows he isn't the best with names.

"It's Maddie. And please contain your sarcastic way a bit. We don't want to scare her off since Matt's dad and mom did that already pretty well. Let's give that poor girl a rest from crappie meetings.", Lana smiled nervously before the doorbell rang.