13| Typical Days

"Lana, could you give me the meatballs, please?", Kathleen asked, looking over the counter where the packaging was placed. 

"Sure.", the actress answered, grabbing them to bring them over. "Do you want me to get the other one from the fridge as well?", Lana asked curiously but Kathleen shook her head slightly. "No, thank you, darling. Since Katie and Michael went back home, it's only us, you, Darren and Ellie. One package will be enough.", she assured her. 

"Okay…", Lana said with a small smile but felt a bit uneasy as well since there was something she was not sure of just yet. "Can I ask you something?", She finally questioned, gathering all her courage. 

"Sure, darling. What is troubling you?", Sean's mother asked, looking up from her chopping board to meet Lana's eyes. 

"Did Katie and Michael go home because of me? Please… honest answer.", she said. 

"No… no honey. They planned to leave before your arrival. Don't worry, honestly.", she said, pulling Lana into a hug. "You're more than welcome here. I know they haven't been the greatest but they will get to it at some point, okay? Please don't feel unpleasant because of their childish behavior. I hope the rest of your stay will be more relaxing.", she confessed. 

"Thank you…", Lana said with a small voice, returning Kathleen's hug. "I just wanted to know…" 

"That's alright… I understand…", she said, before Sean entered the kitchen with Leo on his shoulders, making Lana smile again immediately. 

"Hey, have you seen Leo somewhere? I can't find him.", Sean said with his goofy voice, swirling around. "I could swear I hear him but he is just so good at playing hide and seek.", he confessed dramatically, whilst Leo couldn't stop giggling. 

"No… I haven't seen him for a while. He wasn't with us in the kitchen.", Lana said with a chuckle. "Do you want me to help search for him?", Sean asked. "I am getting worried."

"Yeah. That's a good idea.", she answered, starting to pretend to look for her son in the living room. "Matilda, have you seen Leo? We can't find him…", she asked the little girl, who was playing with Amélie on the floor. 

"Leo!", Amé said straight away, pointing confused at her brother on Sean's shoulders, whilst Matilda laughed. "I haven't seen him.", she said, turning back to her building but Amélie wasn't having it. 

She stood up and walked to her dad, pointing out again at her big brother. "Leo up, Dada!", she repeated. 

"What are you saying? He is up on me?", Sean questioned, making his daughter nod heavily yes. "I can't see him, though.", he joked. 

"Up, Dada!!", Amélie repeated, getting angry at that point. She was in a quite challenging phase right now, blowing up and throwing major tantrums over nothing and right now she was not in the mood for her dad making jokes about Leo, if he was obviously sitting on his shoulder. 

"Alright, alright. We know Amé. We know. Calm down. We will go somewhere else, you continue building with Matilda.", Sean said, sneaking away from his smallest toddler that turned into a loaded gun in seconds. "She got the temper from her mother.", he mumbled to Leo. 

"Hey!", Lana said. "I heard that Maguire and I really hope you were referring to Tanya."

"Of course.", Sean said innocently, now trying to escape from Lana as well, whilst whispering to Leo. "I wasn't talking about Tanya.", he chuckled, running for his life by now with his son still on his shoulder, hiding in a secret spot. "Pshhhht.", he said to Leo, pressing his index finger against his mouth. "We don't want your mother to find us.", he whispered and right at that moment they could see Lana passing by.