22| Saving The Day

"Hey… Ehm… Do you have some spare time?", Sean asked, rubbing his temple whilst sitting outside in the sun. 

"Sure?", a certain redhead asked on speaker, already unsure about where this conversation was heading. "You don't sound really good…", Rebecca figured, sitting down, giving Marc a sign that this call was urgent. 

"I…I don't know what to do anymore.", Sean confessed. "I… I tried everything."

"Woaw. Hey. What's going on? Start at the beginning.", Bex said with a frown. "Take a deep breath and tell me.", she said. 

"It's Lana…", Sean sighed. "I actually called you just in case you had that kind of situation before… it's… okay. Wait.", he said, taking a breath. "It basically started after she collapsed. She started to be like… distanced. Just… her whole appearance changed. She isn't as happy around the kids. Her laughter seems like acting. She always looks like something is bothering her. She doesn't like any kind of physical contact and rushes out all of the sudden to cry in the bathroom. I have no idea what's going on. She doesn't talk to me.", Sean sighed. 

"That sounds… strange.", Bex frowned. "No idea. Never had that before with her. Did you fight about something?", She asked. 

"No. We didn't. I mean we did have some fights in the past days but that's not how it all started. And yesterday she told me it's not about me…but I am worried. Why wouldn't she talk to me? After everything we've been through she just blocks me out.", Sean confessed disappointed.

"Yeah… I… I can understand why. She didn't tell me about any problems either… which is strange. Should I ask Trish about it? Or like ask her to call Lana and have a talk. Trish always cracks her open and she is outside of the cast and everything, which helps sometimes as well.", Bex offers. 

"I… I actually don't wanna be that guy who talks behind her back but… I can't see her struggle like that anymore. It hurts that she is not opening up to me but… I don't care as long as she talks to someone. Someone who can make her feel better. So yeah... Please call her.", he sighed. 

"I understand what you mean… hey… keep your head up, okay? Lana is sometimes quite complex and needs some extra time. And she said it wasn't about you. Everything is going to be alright, okay?", Bex smiled.

"I hope so…"

*****

"Ms. Parrilla?", A blonde-haired woman repeated, ripping Lana out of her thoughts. 

"Yeah. Yeah. Sorry. That's me.", she said, following into the examination room. Lana sat down on a chair, when the nice lady told her to wait for the doctor. 

It didn't take long until the door opened again, revealing an elderly woman that must be near to retirement. She gave Lana a small smile, which she couldn't tell was a real or fake one before sitting down in front of her. 

"Good morning. I am Dr. Martinez. How are we doing today?", She asked, putting her glasses down to type something on the computer, probably looking through Lana's old files. 

"Ehm… I am just here to like… get a check-up? I guess I am pregnant… at least the tests said so. And… and I would like… need to know how… everything is going to work", she swallowed, completely shy. It was the moment she waited for the whole week and she was more than scared to figure out about everything that was related to pregnancy, especially at her age. 

"Oh.", the elderly said, sounding almost judgmental. She looked back at Lana's file to check the age that was written on it at the top. "With 'how everything is going to work', you mean abortion, right?", She reassured, making Lana's eyes pop up.