24| Little Bean

"I can't say no to such a project, can I?", the photographer chuckled. "Of course.", he smirked. 

"Thank you.", Lana grinned, making her way to Amélie on the chair. "Look princess… can you hold that in the camera for me?", Lana asked.

Before Amé gave any answer, she looked at the picture in her hands. Of course, she didn't know what it was but she was still fascinated by it. "Bean!", she grinned, pointing at the fetus in the middle. 

"Yeah… that's kinda true.", Lana chuckled, going behind the tall man. "Alright now show the picture to me Amé.", the woman instructed, making Amélie giggle. 

She rearranged the photo in her hands before showing it eagerly in Lana's direction, so the camera could capture it. Her sweet smile was shining bright when the man took the perfect shot of the proud big sister-to-be. 

"Got it", he confirmed with a grin. 

***** 

"Mama tate!", Amélie said, already on her way into the kitchen. 

"No…. Amé… we can't bake a cake now.", Lana said. 

"Why?", the little one asked. 

"Because I am helping Flynn with his project for school. You can go and play… maybe auntie Trish plays with you.", Lana suggested, looking over to her friend, who nodded. 

"No…", Amélie said, looking at the two of them. "Tish bake?", She grinned. 

"She is smart.", Lana mumbled. "No, Trish doesn't wanna bake. It's too late for that. It's almost dinner time. Still don't know where daddy is, though.", she confessed, having a look at her phone. 

"Still no messages?", Trish asked, slightly recognizing Lana's tension. 

"No, still nothing… he wrote this morning that he is going out with Colin. That's it. We'll let's see. They probably forgot the time.", she said. 

"Mama!!", Amélie now got impatient since nobody paid attention to her anymore. "Bake!!", she yelled. 

"Amélie. I said not today. Do you wanna scoop? I can give you a bowl of rice to practice your scooping if it's what you want.", Lana sighed, already getting a headache since Amélie was getting loud quite quickly today. 

"Yeah. Soop.", she said and grabbed her kitchen equipment to sit down at the table, where Lana and Flynn were still trying to build a structure out of play dough and toothpicks. 

"Alright.", Lana sighed, standing up again to grab some rice and bowls for Amé to scoop from A to B. 

"Are you okay?", Trish asked, not liking how quickly her friend was out of energy, which was probably connected to the pregnancy. Except for the tiredness, Lana was quite lucky until now. The only symptom she experienced other than exhaustion was nausea that was coming and going, depending on the smell of the food. 

"Yeah… just getting pretty tired.", Lana confessed, petting Lola who made her way up to the woman, before changing the topic. "What do you think we should eat for dinner, Flynn? What would you like?", She said, looking up at him. 

"Ehm… can we order Pizza? I really like your cooking but… I would like some pizza.", he confessed. 

"Yeah… why not. I don't feel like cooking anyway, to be honest. Let me get the tablet.", Lana said, before getting it from the living room. "Let's see. What would you like? Pizza with ham?", She asked. 

"Yeah! Please. But just a small one.", Flynn answered. 

"They have a kids menu. It comes with a small pizza, a small salad, pizza balls, dessert and a small drink. I think I will take that for all of you, yeah?"