26| Happy Birthday, Daddy

"No, mama."

"Yes, Amèlie.", Lana laughed.

"No no, Lana."

"Yes yes Bailey.", The woman repeated, undressing both of them already. "You two are completely dirty. There is egg in your hair, Bailey and flour in yours, Amè.", Lana said unimpressed. "And don't think that I appreciate what you did. You know you have to ask when baking a cake. You can't do it all by yourself.", she sighed.

"Yes, can.", Amèlie argued straight away, being her confident self, trying to cross her arms as she saw it from her big brothers sometimes but since she wasn't really able to do it just yet, it was only an adorable attempt.

"Ah ah, princess. You can't. Not alone. The kitchen is for adults. I know you love helping and I am very proud of what you learned but it is not safe for you to do anything alone, okay?", Lana asked, raising her voice and eyebrows at the same time, so Amèlie would understand that it baking isn't just fun but also dangerous if she would go to the oven.

"I dunno", Amè said, trying to lean over the bathtub to feel the water temperature, long lost in her own thoughts and distracted from the main conversation.

"What do you mean 'you don't know'?", Lana questioned. "It's either yes or no.", she chuckled. "Anyway... How is the water?"

"Hot.", Amè complained, before throwing in some of her toys. "Lele dug?", she asked, showing her friend a little floating dug for her to play with.

"Yeah!", the redhead squeaked, taking it straight away from Amèlie's hands. "yello duggy.", she commented, putting it into the water as well. "OH. Lana hot.", she said as well as her friend, when pulling back her hand. Her face was showing how shocked she was about the temperature, whilst rubbing her wet hand dry on one of the towels.

"You think it's hot too? Oh well... Gonna make it cooler than...", Lana answered. It wondered her every time how different the toddlers felt the heat because the water wasn't hot at all, as they said. The perfect temperature for them was almost too cold for Lana to even have a bath in the first place, but she had to go with what the girls told her. "Do you want some bubble bath in it?"

"Yeah!!", both of them yelled straight away, making Lana scrunch her face because of the sudden loud noise, before putting some of it inside of the water. Toddler excitement was something she didn't need right now. Especially not those high-pitched voices whilst imagination playing in the water. "Okay. Should be fine now.", Lana said, placing the girls into the tub.

"Mama bath?", Amè asked straight away since she loved taking her time with Sean sometimes but Lana on the other side never agreed on going to a bath with her since she wasn't feeling too comfortable about it. She knew exactly what Amèlie wanted since Lana did enjoy bathtime with her mom or dad as well, but once again: they were her real parents, and as bad as she felt about it, she was not comfortable with the thought of going to a bath with her boyfriend's biological kids. But since Amèlie didn't understand all her inner troubles, she tried it once in a while to convince her.

"No thank you. I don't wanna have a bath right now. But you got Bailey to play. That's fine.", Lana explained with a small smile, whilst sitting down exhausted from their day. Even though she didn't do much, her body now was quickly out of energy, which was thankfully the only pregnancy symptom she had right now, so she leaned herself back at the wall, whilst watching the girls babbling and playing.

"Auntie Lana?", Milo asked, coming inside of the bathroom just minutes later, almost shyly.

"Yeah? What is it sweetie?", the woman asked straight away, even if it was hard to keep her eyes open.