Chapter Eight

Me: *is feeling a little bit nervous* I'm ready to meet your family.

Vinnie: *holds my hand and gives it a gentle squeeze* It'll be okay. Whatever happens, we'll get through it together.

Me: *smiles* Okay.

Vinnie: *reaches his other hand out to knock on the front door*

(*An older woman answers the door*)

Theresa Cusano: *speaks in an Italian accent* Vincent! How lovely to see you again!

Vinnie: Hi mom! *hugs his mother*

Me: *is beyond confused* Vincent?? No, his name is Vinnie. 😲

Vinnie: *chuckles* That's my birth name, sweetie.

Me: Ohh! 😅

Theresa Cusano: Is this your girl that we met at your birthday party, Vincent? Oh my God, don't just stand there you two, come on in.

(*After entering the Cusano family home, Vinnie goes around to introduce me to the rest of his family*)

Vinnie: *sees his dad in the dining room listening to old country music on a record player* Hi dad!

Alfonso Cusano: *also has an Italian accent* Vincent! Welcome home, son.

Vinnie: *gives his dad a hug* I want you to meet Emily. You and mom met her at my birthday party a few years ago.

Me: It's nice to meet you, sir. *politely shakes Vinnie's dad's hand*

Alfonso: *politely shakes my hand as well* Vincent had told me and the family all about you. He really loves you very much.

Me: *giggles a little bit with a shy smile* Yes, he's a very sweet man. I wish I could've brought Anubis over here with us, but we didn't want him to get sick.

Alfonso: Ah, that's okay. You two are doing the right thing by keeping him safe. Maybe someday, I'll get to meet my grandson when this virus is gone.

Theresa Cusano: Okay everyone! Dinner is ready. Let's gather around so we can say the blessing before we eat.

Vinnie: *sees me getting distracted by some pictures of Vinnie that were hanging on the wall, and then chuckles as he grabs my hand and leads me towards everyone that's waiting in the kitchen* Come on, Emily. Let's go.

*******

(*Stay tuned to see how Suzy and the Fox are doing...) ➡️➡️➡️➡️