Chapter Eighteen

Me: *is doing some cleaning around the spare building while Anubis is taking a nap*

Dixie the fox: *pants excitedly and runs over to me, gently tugging at joy shirt*

Me: *uses a feather duster to get rid of the dust off of the tables and chairs* Hey Dixie, whatcha doing?

Dixie the fox: *yips happily and then picks up one of favorite squeaky toys, making it squeak*

Me: *whispers* Shh! Anubis is taking his nap. I'm doing some cleaning up around here while the present-day KISS guys are rehearsing in the studio.

Dixie the fox: *tilts her head to the side in confusion, and then puts her squeaky toy back down with the other toys*

Me: *wipes the dust off the TV stand, and then whispers* Michael Jackson and the other KISS guys are out with the girls shopping for more groceries because we recently ran out. So, don't make any loud noises while Anubis is taking a nap, okay?

Dixie the fox: *pants happily and licks my face to show that she understands*

Me: *giggles quietly with a smile while petting her* That's my Dixiedo.

(*Two hours later...*)

(*Anubis wakes up from his nap and goes to play with his toys*)

Me: Ooh, ole' glitter britches has a dare! STARCHILD! Come here!

Paul: *walks in* What is it, Emily?

Me: I dare you to sing the ew song in front of Eric Singer, Tommy, and Gene! 😂

Paul: *chuckles nervously* Hehe. 😅 Okay, sweetie.

(*Meanwhile, with Tommy, Gene, and Eric Singer...*)

Paul: *walks over to Tommy, Gene, and Eric Singer, and begins to sing*

Seriously? Look at her butt. Ew!

Oh, she looks like a slut.

Ew!

I'm like "what the what"?

Ew!

Right? Right?

Ew, ew!

Oh, you got to see this

Oh my gross I can't believe it

She's so basically basic

Eric Singer: *tries hard not to laugh* 🤭

Gene: *chuckles* Nice one, Paul.

Tommy: I've never heard of that song.