Chapter Seven - Answers

After grabbing Stripey, the three of us headed up the apartments to the third floor where this person was located. Ranmaru knocked on the the door a couple times, and a short by association woman opened it. Wait... Safalin?

"Kai!!!! Oh my goodness!" It ran past Ranmaru and hugged me tight. "I missed you so much! How did you get to Sara Island? Why are you here? I knew you were going to Egbenedia, but... How did you even get here?? And... why are you wearing that?!"

I had completely forgotten about the dress I was wearing. Well, at least my worries about first impressions didn't matter. Since we already knew each other, it couldn't get the wrong impression of me.

"Saf, thank goodness. You're the best person to talk to about this." I said. Wow, I missed it. A whole lot. Thank goodness it was here. "Could we come inside?"

"Oh!! I completely forgot my manners. My apologies, yes, yes, come inside please!" It said. As we walked inside we got a good view of the room's interior. The inside was pink and fluffy, and all of the decorations looked like candy. Cute, but I expected more of a tropical or hospital-esc room from it.

We all sat down. Tragically, there was no height-adjustable chair in the room. I had to sit down on a gumdrop-shaped bean bag, which led to me being kneed in the face. Just then, Safalin spoke up. "Oh my goodness, Kai, is this your new friend?! Hello, nice to meet you! I like your hair!"

Alice erupted in rapturous glee. "Mwahaha! Thank you, kind samaritan! Yes, over the course of the past few days we have become good buddies! My name is Gonbee. Gonbee Yamada, to be specific. And you are Tia? I have heard many stories of your brilliance!

Tia giggled. "Nice to meet you, Gonbee. I'm gl-"

"His name is Alice. Alice Yabusame. Sorry about him- he has an obsession with the name Gonbee. Kind of odd." I interrupted. I wasn't going to let Saf be tricked by his tomfoolery.

"I'm glad Kai thinks well of me." Saf continued.

I suddenly heard a sheep! "We need to get to the bottom of this, guys. I'm glad you guys are getting along... but this is weird. How does Safalin even know you guys?"

Ugh, this is going to be annoying. I love getting answers, but I'm a simple man. I live for comedy. These answers aren't going to have many funnies in them. Shaking my head.

"Kai and I have known each other for years. We didn't technically live together, but I visited the house so often I almost lived there." Safalin explained.

"But you've been on the island, haven't you? I met you not too shortly after being created. You couldn't have been living on this island and at his house... that's not possible." Ranmaru said.

"Is it not?" Xe said, a sort of creepy smile gliding across xer face. "Kai, you got to Egbenedia by being sucked into an eggs benedict, correct? If that's possible, what's not? I never said I lived at your house. I only visited." Bestie Safalin said.

"Do you mean to say... you've been living on Sara Island and visiting Kai's house this whole time? Inconceivable!" Alice shouted. In disbelief. I have to agree, that sounds a little far fetched. But Safalin was right. What other explanation is there?

"You're correct." Safalin started. "I've been living a double life- one here, on Sara Island, and one at the house."

"But what about us?!" Ranmaru was on the edge of his seat. "This doesn't make sense. How are there two Kai and Alice's?! Which ones are the fakes?"

"That's classified information. You'll have to talk to him if you want to know."

"What?! He'll kill me! I can't ask him about that!"