Chapter 26 - Jerb!

I was incredibly grateful for my new red among us crewmate plush, Jerb. Alice really knew me! 

"I need to get going, dear friend. My new friend is the news anchor today, so I plan to watch him!" Alice said, standing up with a smirk.

"Who is your new friend?" I asked.

"I believe his name is Gashu."

I froze. G-g-g-g-g-g-g-g....g-g-g-g-gg..........g-g-g-g-g......Gashu? Like.... my father, Gashu? This was... A development. My breathing got more shallow as I wondered why my twenty-foot tall father would be friends with blue-haired-and-pronouns Alice Yabusame. 

"You look a little concerned," Alice said as I started to sweat profusely. "Would you like to come?"

I took a few long, deep breaths and thought about it for a moment. It's times like this that I wonder.... what would Todd Chavez do? Then I realized he would see this as a 'yes and' opportunity. I eventually nodded my head, "Yeah. I- I'd like to meet this 'Gashu' doll."

I was happy Alice made a friend.... but did it have to be Gashu? Whatever, let's just go.

We headed out toward the news station and luckily didn't run into anyone. We headed inside and looked up. My heart skipped a beat, but after taking a few breaths I was alright. This wasn't the real Gashu. This is a doll made on this island, and he's not real.

"Hello, dear friend! We have come to watch you anchor the news!" Alice shouted so Gashu could hear. Since he was 20 feet tall, it was a pretty long way for sound to travel. Gashu turned around and tilted his head flat down so he could see us properly. As soon as I met eyes with him, I shot my eyes toward my shoes.

"What is the matter?" Gashu said menacingly. Suddenly I couldn't speak, and barely let out a squeak.

"Nothing... the news just makes me nervous." I said. It was vague enough so that an explanation could be made if he points out that doll-me wasn't nervous, but it was specific enough to get me out of sus. 

Thankfully, Gashu didn't ask any more questions. 

Gashu began singing to warm up his voice. "I HATE MY CHILDREN~~~!!!!!" ....Splendorous. Right in front of me too. Gashu nodded toward Alice and walked off to sit in front of the news anchor desk. Manning the camera was someone who looked a lot like Miley, but more nacho-y. She was wearing a melted crown of some sorts and a big poofy dress. Originally you'd think this would be the doll version of Miley, but she's so different... who knows.

Holding the boom stick was a man in a black suit with a fedora, but he didn't appear to have a face. He seemed familiar, but I couldn't exactly place it. He didn't say anything throughout the entire shot.

"And we're live in 3... 2... 1! Hehehe!" The Miley look-alike said.

"Hello, dear listeners. I am Gashu Satou, and here's the latest news of Sara Island. Who does the best monkey impression? Professor Tsukimi did a study asking everyone on the island to do their best monkey impression. 3rd place goes to: Kugie Kizuchi. In second place we have: Mai Tsurugi. And in first place... Rio Ranger. We asked some islanders for their thoughts on the matter."

Suddenly, the cameras were on Alice.

"Bwahaha! I believe this to be very interesting." Alice said, and then the cameras jumped to me.

In panic, I blurted out whatever I could think of. "Can I go home now?"

Then the cameras went back to Gashu. I mentally smacked myself as Gashu finished up the broadcast. 

"Thank you all for watching Mii News. This is Gashu Satou, and I wish you all a good day unless you are my children." That was terrifying. After the cameras turned off, Gashu walked over toward us. 

"Let me see that." He said.

"J-Jerb?! Neigh way, Jose!!" I retorted.

"Let me see that." He said once more, this time grabbing at Jerb. He successfully grabbed Jerb and squeezed him tightly, but not in a friendly way. 

"Jerb is a better child than you will ever be." He said, and then he walked away. JERB!!!!!!!! NO!!!!!!!!!

I tried to run after my father, but he was already gone. I sulked back over to Alice who patted me on the back, and then left too. I didn't know what to do... Jerb.... Why?! How was I going to get him back...

Wait....

I marched out of the news tower and headed towards the apartments. I walked up the stairs and banged on Benji's door. If anyone knew how to get Jerb back, it would be him... People on this island don't like Benji, right? Maybe they're scared of him, and that'll help me get Jerb back.

After a while, Benji opened the door slowly.

"Miss me much?" 

This was going to suck. But if it's to get Jerb back... I'll have to put up with him. I nodded my head, as to get on his good side. He gestured me inside and I walked in, heading to one of the chairs in the back.  Shane was nowhere to be found... so it was only me and Benji.