Chapter Fifteen - Gin and the Professor

As Nao and I walked to the kitchen, I felt a familiar pair of small hands grab my arm.

"Hello Mr. Kai, woof! Come with me, Meow!" Gin asked. I looked over at him and I smiled slightly, nodding my head. I waved goodbye to Nao and she waved back. I didn't necessarily want to ditch dinner preparations, but I couldn't say no to Gin.

We walked through the halls, the floors were shiny and the ceilings were high. We eventually made it into his room, and he opened the door. I was not aware he had a room in this castle. It was not in the same hallway that mine and the others were in, so it is no wonder I was not aware of it. I have to admit, I was curious as to what his room would look like. He stepped inside and beckoned me inside so I followed swiftly.

His room was adorable, I have to admit. The walls were white, but all of the decorations were orange. It reminded me of a dreamsicle. There was a small bed at the end of his own that Gin ran over to and set his stuffie in.

"This is Mew-Chan's bed!! I sleep over here!" He said, pointing to each. He ran around his room in circles for what appeared to be no reason, then jumped onto his bed and sighed. He looked like he was having a good time, and after a confirmation I sat down in a small chair he possessed. It definitely would have been comfortable for most people, but due to my incredible height It became uncomfortable. My legs were so high up I was unable to see!!!!11!!1!1!!1!! I decided instead to it criss-cross applesauce on the floor.

Gin suddenly sat up and ran over to where I was sitting, then sat on the floor with me. "I'm sorry my chairs are so small, woof... I'll sit on the floor to make you feel better, meow!" I started laughing a little. It was such a sweet kid.

"That is quite alright, Gin. You should sit in a more comfortable place, I will be fine." I insisted. Gin furiously shook his head and stayed on the ground with me.

"So, Gin... how was your day? I was not able to talk to you all day." I asked.

"My day was great, meow! I had loads of fun with big sis Reko, woof!" I smiled. He continued to tell me all about xer day and I listened carefully.

"Mister Kai... do you wanna know how I got here? You seem to be curious, woof!"

I nodded my head. Gin stood up and walked to the other side of the room, grabbing a snowglobe off the the shelf and shaking if vigorously. It seems he had gotten distracted.

"Gin, if you do not wish to share then that is okay. But if you do not mind, how did you manage to learn at the castle?"

"It's a long story, woof... Basically, my parents are really nice!! Not Keiji, but my biological parents. They both want me to live the best life I can, meow! That's why I went to my other dad, Keiji! My parents weren't doing too well money-wise, so they sent me off with Keiji. I don't know why or how they know him, woof... But I'm grateful! Without Keiji taking caring of me, my parents wouldn't have enough money for themselves to eat! I visit them sometimes, but I mainly live with Keiji, meow!" Gin explained.

"But how was Keiji able to get you a job here, Gin?" I asked.

"I don't know why or how, but Keiji knows Queen Sara personally! Because of that me and Queen Sara talk a lot, and toy's really nice, meow! Also, I don't exactly work here, woof... I go to school here, but I'm to young to work for the castle, meow! I want to, though! Big sis Sara says I can start to work here when I'm 15, meow!"

"And how old are you now, Gin?"

"I'm 12, woof!"

"So then you only have 3 more years, correct?"

"Yes! 3 More years until I can help you guys out, I'm sooooo excited!" Xe exclaimed. Just then, there was a knock on the door.

"May I come in?" A nasally voice said. It must have been the professor!