Chapter Eighteen - Kanna Kizuchi

I was so excited to be seeing Alice again, but what was next? Life in the castle was great, but there's not much to write home about. Before I settle down and become a househusband (which has always been my dream) I'd like to have a little more adventure. Safe adventures- that is.

We couldn't stay with Alice for long. Reko and I still had things to do at the castle. We promised Alice to meet up during the weekend around the same time and the same place, and we parted ways once more. I hoped Alice would be able to find a nice place to stay while we were out of contact.

Like I mentioned earlier, life at the castle really wasn't much to write home about. Nothing worth doting on happened until the weekend came. Just as Reko and I were about to head out to visit Alice, the Professor ran toward me with astonishing speed. He looked up at my head, bending his head so far back I cold balance a plate on his face. All due to my incredible height, mind you.

"Kai, the... the princess needs to speak with you!" He shouted up towards me. It was difficult to hear him as he was so much shorter than me, but I managed. The princess? Why would the princess want to speak with me? I've never even met them...

"Yes, you heard me right," The professor shouted (in order for me to hear). "Princess Kanna needs to see you immediately, he said it was an emergency!" I was unsure of what could need my attention so desperately from the Princess, but I knew I had to see him immediately. I got directions on where to go from the Professor and hurried off after telling Reko to go on without me.

I ran with my long monkey-like legs through the corridors of the castle, winding up stairs and even swinging on chandeliers (like a monkey) to get to the Princess' room quicker. Eventually I was standing in front of tall (not as tall as me) doors opening up to the Princess' room. I took a deep breath and knocked gently to let her know I had arrived. Soon after, the door opened to see a scrawny man who looked in his early 20's who wore a blue hoodie, a blue scarf, and had bright cyan-clue colored hair. He also wore a green hat, as if that made his outfit any less atrocious. He beckoned me to quickly come inside, and I hiked up my DNF maid dress and went up the singular step into the Princess' room.

After I arrived inside I turned to look at the boy once he started talking again. "Kanna, I'll leave you two be. Have fun, okay?"

"Knna will have so much fun!!!!!" He responded. Just as soon as I saw him, the weak boy left my sight as he shut the door behind him. I turned to face the Princess and quickly bowed.

"It is an honor to meet you, Princess Kanna." I calmly said, though on the inside I was overcome with nerves. My nerves were only relieved when I heard him giggle. I looked up to see if he was alright, as I couldn't be certain if it was a giggle or a choke, but thankfully she was alright.

"Come, come!" He started, patting the bed to urge me to sit down next to him. "Kai, you don't need to be so formal with me! I'm not here to ridicule you or to force you to do manners, silly. I wanna be your friend!"

F-Friend...? No one has ever made an effort to be my friend before. I thought the only reason why people were my friend was because they just happened to be in forceful contact with me.

"Yeah!!! Your friend!!!" He repeated once I sat down next to him. "Kanna has heard so many good things about you, Kai!!! Kanna wanted to be your friend!!"

What she said really meant a lot to me. "Of course I'll be your friend, Princess Kanna. You seem like a very sweet child."

"You don't need to call Kanna Princess!! You can call Kanna.. Kanna!" She asked. I laughed a little.

"Okay Kanna, what do you want to do first?" I asked.

"You need to do your dailies!!!" He said as if I had committed some sort of Egbenedian-crime. the only problem was, I didn't know what a daily was. Was Prin- I mean, Kanna, tricking me? Leading me in with a false sense of security, and then arresting me on the spot? What could a daily entail?? I knew I had done all of my chores to this point, I hadn't missed out on anything. Had there been a mistake? All of these thoughts swam in my head as my nerves started to build once more, unsure of what I was supposed to respond with. Luckily, I didn't need to respond.

Kanna pulled out a large black rectangle. I think Ranger had one of these? I wasn't too sure. I never went into his room, and I pretty much stayed in my room for most of my life if I wasn't cooking. She turned it so it was more wide than tall and pressed a small circle on the side, illuminating the screen. She typed a strange sequence of letters and numbers onto the screen, and it opened to show a bunch of tiny square images dotted across the screen. This device was completely foreign for me, and I was scared. Yet I was still intrigued.

As I watched Kanna click on one of the boxed, it loaded with what looked like a gray cheez-it. Wait! I remember now... I think I read about this before. I believe these are called "iPads," And they're popular with young children. The game he's playing is called "Roblox," Which has a collection of games made by the general public on it. He scrolled for a while until he found the game she was looking for.

The image was of a girl wearing a very large pink ballgown with pink hair, smiling and looking like she was having fun. Kanna clicked on her and then opened the game. It asked her where she wanted to go, and she clicked Apartments.

"These are the apartments. You do your dailies here, and you can get diamonds to buy cute outfits!" Kanna said. She then set down her iPad and grabbed another one out from a drawer in her bedside table, then handed it to me. "This is for you! Kanna got it for you so we can play together!" He said as I opened it up just like he had. This one didn't have any sort of fancy log in, just a simple ocean background with one downloaded app, the rest of the system apps shoved into some sort of folder.

I opened Roblox to see my account already made, and my username set as "eggbennyluvr3000". I laughed and smiled, excited to see how my username perfectly encaptured my personality. Anyone who saw my profile would be able to get a grasp of who I was with that wondrous username, I was so incredible happy with it. It looked like Kanna had already bought clothing for my roblox avatar- The hair and face looked exactly like mine, and I was even wearing a maid dress! This was perfect.

After a brief explanation from Kanna about how to join his game, and I joined. The whole time was a lot of explaining about what dailies were, how to do them, and some other features of the game. After a couple of hours of playing Royal High among other games, we decided to stop.

I had so much fun with Kanna, but it was getting late and I needed to get back to my bedroom to sleep.

"Kanna had so much fun!!!!!!!" He said as I was leaving. "Kanna wants to do this again soon!!"

I smiled and waved. "I had fun. It would be pleasurable for me as well for this to occur more often. Thank you for inviting me, Kanna."

I turned and walked out the door.

This time I didn't need to run as fast as I did to get there. As I walked through the corridors of the castle, I realized just how big this place was. It easily took me 10 minutes just to walk over to my bedroom, 15 minutes for someone with shorter legs than me. It was very impressive that I managed to live in a place as incredible as this.

Standing in front of my bedroom door I could see under the crack that the light was on, and I could hear quiet muttering through the door yet I couldn't figure out who it was. I lifted my hand and knocked gently on the door with one finger. I opened the door slowly to see Alice and Reko sitting down, having a conversation. Why in my room? Couldn't they have gone in Reko's room? I though Alice wasn't allowed here in the first place?

"MWAHAHA! Kai, You have arrived! We are glad to see your return. Everything went well with the princess, I presume?" No need to announce who said that, I think it was pretty obvious.

"Alice? How are you in the castle?" I said, closing the door behind me and sitting down next to the siblings.

"We got the ol' professor to let him stay here for a while, though he'll have to sleep in your room. My room is... Well, let's just say 'not inhabitable for Alice'." Reko responded, implicating that it's dirty. I nodded my head to say that yes of course Alice could stay in my room.