Chapter Sixteen - The Prophecy

Kai has been at the castle for two weeks now. He's been getting really close with Reko, Nao, Gin, and the Professor. Even Keiji has come to visit a few times! As much fun as he's been having, he can't get Alice out of his head. He was his first human friend, and he missed him. He was on Sara Island... probably. He could be dead by now. After all, the professor did say no one has come off of Sara Island alive. This was all so confusing for Kai, and it made his head spin. He decided it would be a good idea to bring it up to the professor. After all, what was the worst that could happen?

Kai's POV:

I woke up and went about my daily business. I sat down in History of Egbenedia and prepared myself to ask Professor Mishima my question. Once class had started I raised my hand. The professor raised an eyebrow and called on me.

"Yes, um... Professor. I have a question about Sara Island." I said. You know this is serious because I said the word um. The whole class went silent and looked back and forth at me and the professor.

"S-Sara Island... you say?" The professor confirmed. She looked nervous.

"Yes, sir. I heard you mention it in a past lesson, and I am very curious to more details."

"Ah, I see... what exactly would you like to know?"

"Everything there is to know. I understand I will not get all of the answers in this short amount of time. That is why I will let you decide what I should know based on my experience."

"Your... experience?"

"I visited Sara Island for a few days. With a friend of mine."

I was unaware that it was possible for the room to fall even more silent, but it did. I could hear my own breathing and the ticking of the clock. The professor stumbled over to her desk and pulled out a book thicker than the U.S Dictionary. Cake started flipping through pages, desperately trying to search for something. He took a handkerchief out of love's pocket and dabbed her forehead, visibly sweating. Just then, a shout came from next to me.

"Professor Mishima!" Nao yelled, jumping up and running over to hwe. "You need to sit down, it's alright! We should hear his story first. Maybe it's not him!"

I obviously was very confused. After the professor regained his senses, he stood up.

"This is going to be an... interesting class." He said.

I knew what was coming next. A very long monologue by the professor, followed by some questions for me.

On cue, his voice engine revved. "A few days, you say? Well, it's hard for me to believe that is true. Let me teach you something, Kai. It is something everyone in the class already is aware of, but we do not speak of it. They say speaking of it speeds up the time for it to occur, but this is a very important subject. What I'm referring to is a prophecy. A long time ago, a prophecy was read and it stated something along these lines:"

"A tall person will arrive, and they will be either our saviour or our destructor. They have survived the island of fakes. By the time they arrive, this will have already been decided by an outside source. No one will know which is true until the outside source arrives."

"This prophecy is unclear in many ways. We have come to the conclusion that 'the island of fakes' refers to Sara Island, but there is no time reference to see when this event will take place. Kai, you are tall, you've been to Sara Island and survived it, no less. It would only make sense for you to be the person of interest for this prophecy. Perhaps your friend is the outside source. Tell me- Kai- did your friend do anything suspicious? Anything at all?"

I thought about it for a moment. "Well, the last time I saw him he sold me out to who I think was the ruler of the Island. He just got up and walked away, then left me to be punished." I explained. On a separate note, it was humorous that I was explaining all of this in one of the maid dresses Joemama69 gave me.

Professor Mishima considered this for a while. "We can't be certain, but this cannot sound good. If you don't mind me asking, what what your friend's name?"

"Alice, I believe. I can not remember his last name." I responded. As soon as I did, Reko almost fell out her seat. I looked over to her instinctively, and so did everyone else.

As the tension was building, Reko coughed. "There's no way... It.. No. Continue you guys, I'm fine." Professor mishima nodded his head and looked back over towards me.

"Now about Alice. Did he seem to know anything? Did he act different around you than towards other people?"

"No, I don't believe so. He was kind a goofball and I don't believe he could hold something so important behind my back."

"No further questions. Class dismissed, I'll see you all tomorrow. I need to... report this. Don't worry, we're all going to be fine. It is just standard procedure. Kai, if I need to ask you more questions I will come directly to your room. Please try your best to stay there, cooking and cleaning duties can do without you today." Mishima said, packing his bags.

I nodded my head and left the classroom with my Trader Tazuna's bag, I noticed someone was trying to get my attention, but I didn't have time to recognize the voice. My head was swimming with questions that had no answer. Could I really be the one the prophecy speaks of? If I am, am I going to destroy this country? Why me?

I swung open my door and crouched to get through it. Being as tall as I was, walking through doorways was a challenge. I closed it behind me and headed straight to my kitchen. Cooking always helped me calm down and process my emotions. I finished making my favorite meal, eggs benedict, and sat down at my table with crystal light peach iced tea.

Previously I had requested to have a radio that I could listen to music with and also play CD albums. Quickly I discovered that Egbenedia's radio station was not for me, as it was hosted by DJ Gashu. Though I don't believe it was actually my father, it was weird that he has both the same name and voice. I was able to get a few album CD's on my hand, and one of them is definitely my all-time favorite. It has a blue cover and is commonly referred to as "the blue album" and it's by the band Weezer. I had their delightful chords running as I ate.

"Whooo wheee ooo I look just like buddy holly!" I sang along with Weezer's fourth song on the album, Buddy Holly. I was having a right good time, taking my mind off of all that had happened today. I half expected the professor to come in to ask more questions, but that time never arrived. The day from there on was quite boring, but luckily I had Weezer and Freeda to pass the time. I pretended like my room was a ballroom and danced with Freeda to another one of their songs, 'Say it Ain't So'. All of this dancing wore me off and I went to sleep.