Chapter Seventeen - Missing Time

I woke up to the sound of rapid knocking on my door. I hurried and got dressed then opened it, only to find Reko. "Kai, you'll never believe who's here."

Confused, I followed her through the castle and to the front doors. sitting on the long stairway to the castle doors was a familiar tuft of blue hair and a very stripy fashion sense. Though he did not look exactly how I remember... this time his clothes were clearly more rugged, as if he had been running away and got caught on possible tree branches and the life. There was even a leaf in his hair! I ran over to him as fast as I could.

He stood up. "K-Kai?! Ahaha! It really is you! I knew you were here!"

"Alice... It is so good to see you," I said, trying to contain composure. "Have you been on Sara Island this whole time?"

"Yes I have! It has not been glorious. Joemama69 is not even his real name!" He said. I was in complete shock. How could it not be his name? Just thin, Alice continued on to say exactly what I was thinking. "He must have some excellent naming skills, because Joemama69 is a brilliant name! I wish I was named Joemama69."

"I agree," I responded.

"And to think!" He continued. "You have been here with my sibling all along! Why didn't you take me, Kai Satou?! This is inconceivable!" I chuckled at his antics. It was nice to hear him tease again. Wait, lets backtrack. HIS SIBLING?!

"Wait, Reko... Alice is your brother?!" I said in utter shock. Reko nodded her head.

"Guilty as charged. Man, I still can't believe you were with Alice the whole time! If youdda told me that... It's whatever. I'm glad you're both here and alive, and that's what matters."

Alice and I nodded our heads.

"Kai, Alice isn't allowed inside the castle. After our duties we need to meet up with Alice somewhere secret, and I know just the place." Reko told us. "Alice, you know where."

Though she didn't explain where, I trusted her. We conversed a little bit about times and then we had to go. It was almost time for Yoga.

The day went by impossibly slow. I could barely pay attention in any of my classes, but it seems the professor cut me some slack. I think cake knew I was stressed out. I wondered if she even knew about Alice's arrival. I sure hadn't told him, and I have no idea if Reko would. I decided to stay quiet about it until further notice. After what felt like years, we finally had our free time. Reko and I hurriedly left the castle and hopped onto a train.

In hindsight, I probably should have changed before leaving. It probably looked incredibly weird to see two random people in maid dresses on the train. After a while we finally arrived at an abandoned 7/11. We got off the train and walked behind the store to see Alice sitting there smugly.

"Took you long enough! Mwahaha, I arrived 30 minutes early!" He said once we arrived. I looked around at our surroundings, but I couldn't seem to find who asked. Reko and I sat down around him so we were arranged in a small triangle. Now it was time for some more answers, no wheel spinning involved.

"Alice, how'd you get here? From Sara Island?" Reko asked.

"Well, it's a long story..." Alice responded.

Alice's POV: (flashback)

"I QUIT! I quit!! This game is over! You aren't going to ask your question, Joemama69!" I shouted shouted. Even if it means Kai would be punished, it couldn't be that bad. I don't think Ranmaru would have brought us here if he knew we could have died. I looked down as the restraints fastened to me loosened and fell to the ground. I looked back at Kai one more time and nodded, but I don't think he noticed. I'd miss him, but I needed to continue. Joemama69 is the most powerful person on this island, and if anyone could destroy Egbenedia it would be him.

I headed out the door and covered the brightly shining sun with my eyes. I decided it would be best to head back to the apartments to discuss with Ranmaru what had happened. I didn't pay attention enough to watch out for anyone who might see me, and luckily I don't think anyone did. I arrived at the apartment after a while of walking and headed up the stairs to Ranmaru's apartment then knocked on the door.

Ranmaru opened it, looking groggy. "A-Alice? What are you doing here... and where is Kai? D-Don't tell me he's-"

"Do not worry, sheep friend! Kai should be alright, as long as Joemama69 isn't planning on killing him. However, I do not think he will! He did not seem very eager to kill us! The game was nothing, I have gotten useful information that is crucial to figuring out why and how we are on this island!" I responded.

"Come in, then. I'll start some tea." Ranmaru responded. I walked in and sat on the height adjustable chair. Kai never allowed me to because he 'needed it' so this is a good experience for me. After the tea got served Ranmaru sat across from me. I explained the game and we continued.

"To start off," I said majestically. "I asked Joemama69 why there are copies of us on this island during the aforementioned game. He told me that this... Ranmaru, you might want to set your tea down for this. This will probably be more of a shock for you than it was for me."

Ranmaru set his tea down and urged me to continue.

"You're- everyone here is fake. I don't know how you all got here, how you were created, and why you're as realistic as you are... but it's true. Joemama69 promised us." I explained. Ranmaru's face was pure and utter shock, and he was more than speechless. As a matter of fact, he passed out. I probably would have done the same if it were him telling me I was fake so matter-of-factly, so I couldn't blame him. I picked him up and tucked him into his bed, then sat back down in the height-adjustable chair.

Just then, there was a knock on the door. I was afraid to answer it, but my curiosity got the best of me! I answered it and saw Safalin, phew, it wasn't anyone bad. I stepped out into the hall as to not awake the sleeping sheep and spoke softly to Safalin.

"Why are you here?" I asked her.

"No time for questions! I think I might have found your escape, follow me!" She grabbed my arm and ran. We were running for probably around an hour or so until we reached the backside of the island. Nothing stuck out to me about being there, so I asked Safalin what exactly she was on about.

"Just wait." She replied. Just then, a heavy cloud of blueish-gray smoke enveloped the area and after it cleared up slightly I could see a fairy with red hair. I wasn't able to distinguished any of their other features, and before I knew it they waved a wand and... I was gone.

I honestly landed near the castle, and I went straight to it. I mean, I had always wanted to visit the castle. Reko saw me before I even got to the steps and... you already know the rest. Now I'm here, behind the convenience store with you guys.

Kai's POV:

After Alice finished explaining what had happened to him, I took a second for a breather. "Wow," I said. "That was a lot. I'm just-"

"I'm just glad you're okay."