Chapter 21 - The Plan

A trumpet blare. It has only been 5 minutes since leaving Shin's hiding room, and there was another new thing after me. It was very stressful, I mean, I hadn't even got the chance to calm down from the m-word scare.

"Make way for the Queen!" a guard shouted.

I moved out of the way as a red runway ran down the hall. At the top was a (not) ginger wearing a white button up under an olive-greenish yellow dress. She did not look like royalty, but there was no mistaking it. This was Queen Sara.

I got on one knee and bowed my head for the queen. She walked down the aisle and stopped when she got to me.

"Kai Satou, is that your name?" She asked, in a not-very-commanding voice. You would think for a queen that toy would have a more powerful voice, but it was not so.

"Yes, my Queen." I responded. The manner classes really are paying off now. However, I found it odd that I had met the prince, the princess, and now the Queen. I must be really lucky.... or unlucky, depending on why the Queen is talking to me.

"Kai, I need you to follow me to my office. I have something to discuss with you." She said. Before I could respond to her, the trumpets blared once again and she turned around. I followed her nervously, wondering what this could be about.

We got to her office soon enough and she sat down in a height-adjustable chair. She ushered me to sit in the height-adjustable chair on the other side of toys' desk.

"Kai, I have heard rumors about a connection between the prophecy and you. Is this true?"

"Well, my Queen, I am not quite sure if it has any correlation to me, but it is suspicious. I do seem to fit the prophecy's description, and my friend Alice might be the other the prophecy speaks of as well."

"Hmmm.... Yes, I do believe the prophecy speaks of you two. Look at this," she said, pushing a button on her desk which made a hologram appear in-between us both.

"This is Egbenedia... and this," She said, pointing to Sara Island. "Is Sara Island. Sara Island is a part of our country, though no one speaks of it. Do you know why?"

"I learned in History of Egbenedia that J- I mean- Midori lives there. You beat him in a thumb war and gained ownership of Egbenedia."

"Correct, Kai. I'm glad you've been paying attention in your classes here. Now, I won't beat around the bush any longer. Sara Island is getting closer to the main island of Egbenedia, and we can only assume this is part of his plan to gain control over the region. You and Alice need to go in and see what exactly is going on, without Midori noticing."

Without Midori noticing? That's... impossible. There was almost no chance I could do it, and it's not even worth mentioning Alice.

"We will remove the dolls of you two on the day you're set to arrive, and you two will arrive undercover. We have already contacted Ranmaru, he's the only person on that island who will know of the plan. He will also be the person who you report to about anything you find suspicious."

I thought about this for a moment. This meant I would be leaving my best friends- Reko, Nao, Gin, Kanna, Shin, even the professor. But I couldn't turn down the queen, especially if the country is in possible peril.

"When will we leave?" I asked.

"9:00 am tomorrow. There's a boat waiting for you two, though it's not the best quality. We couldn't risk sending you with a good quality one, for it would be far too noticeable."

"Understood." I said, and I stood up to leave.

"One more thing," Queen Sara interrupted. "Good luck, Kai. I believe in you."

"Thank you," and I walked out the door.

-Time Skip: In Kai's room-

"Kai, you have arrived! I heard the Queen spoke with you, what was the meaning of that?" Alice said as I walked through the door. I didn't have the energy to respond, and I only managed a low grumble. Alice understood I needed time to rest and allowed me to take a short nap.

45 minutes later I awoke and rubbed my eyes with my cold cold cold cold cold cold cold cold cold cold cold cold cold cold hands. The cold skin of my hand touched my face and it felt cold. I looked around to find Alice and he was sitting on the floor playing UNO with himself, like normal.

I saw on my bed, allowing myself time to wake up and process everything before I spoke to Alice again. Eventually I got up and sat across him on the floor, but gesturing to him that I did not want to play with him.

"Queen Sara told me that tomorrow at 9am we are taking a low-quality boat back to Sara Island, because of the prophecy. Joemama69 has been moving the island closer to us, and it is up to us to go undercover to stop it. Our dolls are being removed, and we will take their place. Only Ranmaru knows about the plan, and we are to report to him about anything that needs to get back to the Queen. That is all I know."

"B-Back to Sara Island?! This cannot be good!" Alice responded.

"I know, but we have to try our best. Egbenedia relies on us."