Chapter Twelve - A New Home

I was finally here. At the castle, where I would (hopefully) spend most if not all of the rest of my life at. I waved goodbye to Keiji and headed up the stairs towards my new life. Freeda was in one of my hands and my suitcase full of maid dresses was in the other so I couldn't open the door, but luckily there was someone on the other side who opened it for me.

"I believe he should be here any- Oh! You're here! Hello... Kai, I believe it was?" A tall (not as tall as me!) man said as he swung open the doors. He had a brown suit over a green button up with a striped tie. He had untamed gray hair and small round glasses sitting upon his nose. I don't see how he could have much use for glasses so small. Nevertheless, the look she had on was... a look.

"Correctamundo! My name is Kai- Kai Satou. And you are?" I responded. Ever since the crash I've had All Star (Smash Mouth) stuck in my head. I don't know why it's important, but it gets the word count on this story up.

"Hello, Kai! I'm Nao Egokoro, and this is Professor Mishima!" A short girl with pinkish-red hair jumped out from behind the door. She was wearing a plain yellow tee with blue jeans on, with a blue apron sitting on top of it all.

"Yes..." The professor said in a sort of nasally voice. "You are a new student and recruit here, or so I have been informed. Follow me and I will show you to your living quarters."

I started following him through the castle. The ceilings were tall and the rooms were grand. We hit a hallway and we stopped. Professor Mishima cleared his throat. "This is my hallway. I, of course, don't technically 'own' it, but I'm free to do with it what you please. I live in the room straight ahead of us, and my students live in these rooms here."

Other than the Professor's room, there were four rooms. On the right side, two of them had an image on their door of what I assumed to be the residents. On the left side there was nothing. The door closest to the professors had an image of Nao on it, and the other one had an image of someone with black hair who I didn't recognize.

"You will be staying in this room." the professor said, pointing to the door closest to his on the left side. "I have one more student, but he doesn't live here. A very kind boy, though."

I stepped inside my room and... it was beautiful. It was almost like it was made for me. The whole room was themed around a deep green color (which is one of my favorite colors!) and had a beautiful chandelier hanging above. There were bookshelves filled with cookbooks, study books on anthropology, history books about Egbenedia, and all sorts of other books. The floor of the room was a thin carpet that seemed to have relaxing powers. I set my suitcase down beside the fancy green (HEIGHT ADJUSTABLE!!!!!!) chair and sat down on the chair.

"I'll give you some time to adjust." Mishima said. It appears Nao had already left. I waved goodbye to the professor and he shut the door. I sighed. This castle was so beautiful... I can't believe I'm here. I just... wish Alice was here, I miss him a lot.

I heard a knock on my door so I got up to check it. A short punk-looking lady with black hair was on the other side of the door. I'm pretty sure she was the person who lived on the other side of the hall. "Yo..." She started. "I'm Reko. I heard you're the new student under Mishima? I'm his student too. Hope we can become friends."

"I am Kai Satou. Glad to make your acquaintance, Reko. So... How do these clases work? Could you tell me about the schedule for our days?"

"Do you mind if I come in? I can tell you all about if you'd like." Reko said.

"My apologies. Yes, please come inside." I gestured inside as she walked through the door, I followed behind her. She took a seat in a comfortable chair and I sat down in the seat in front of her.