Chapter Nine - New Clothes

Is it... my turn to die? Joemama69 told me he would give me an option. I... Don't want to die. If it's an option I'm not going to choose to die, there's almost nothing worse than that. I was still tied up in the creaky wood chair wearing my maid dress, my sweat soaking through completely leaving the ruffles saggy and limp. The beads of sweat dripping down my legs felt like bugs which only freaked me out more.

"Yes, yes..." Joemama69 said. "Your options..."

I was terrified.

"Option one: Die. Simple as that. I have an execution set up just for you~!"

Oh my golly goodness. I didn't know I could sweat anymore but somehow I managed to.

Joemama69 launched into a soliloquy. "Option two is rather complicated.... First, I'll buy you a brand new wardrobe! Isn't that nice? I believe the clothing I pre-chose for you will suit you well... And I believe you will like them! Second, you will walk the plant. No explanation needed for that, it's pretty obvious. And then you will leave Sara Island. And never come back. Sound good?"

No. This didn't sound good. But... I couldn't die. What was going to happen to Alice? Ranmaru? Safalin? Did I really care what happened to Alice after he betrayed me like that? I pondered this for a moment Yes, he was my best friend other than Freeda. Even if he did something like that... I'm sure it was for a good reason. I can't hold a grudge against him... He's the best first friend I've ever had other than Freeda.

I took a deep breath and gave him my response. "I'll take the section option." I was not planning on dying today... Especially when I have only made 2 friends, Freeda and Alice. Ranmaru was... an acquaintance. He was nice, but this whole 'double' situation was freaking me out. I didn't quite trust him yet. "Do you have the clothes already?"

"Yes... I do have the clothes! And I believe you'll like them. Bring them in~!" Joemama69 told me. Just then, a rack of clothes was pushed out from behind a wall. I'm not sure who pushed them out, probably the 'birdie' he spoke of, but they were here now. But... Did he really think I would like these? They were... Oh. Of course he would think I would like them.

Some were blue, some were green (like dream not found!!1!!!!1!111!!!), some were plain- black and white, and some were red and orange. Maid dresses, yes. Well... At least it would do to replace this pigsty of a maid dress I was wearing right now.

"There's a shower over there," Joemama69 pointed towards a door in the back. I grabbed a green maid dress and started heading towards the door when he cut me off. "Good luck, Kai Satou." He said before I opened the door. I headed inside and it looked... like a normal bathroom. I flipped the switch on and walked over to the shower and after doing the necessary tasks I turned the water on and got in. It felt nice to wash the sweat off of me until I looked up. The ceiling light was... 'conveniently'.. located in the shower and... it looked like it was about to fall. I mean, you could see exposed wiring inside of it.

Is this what Joemama69 meant by 'good luck'? Possibly. I quickly wrapped up my shower after using the 'fresh laundry' scented soaps and got out. I had survived the shower. Now that I was finally safe I used the towel to dry me off and I got changed into my green (dream) maid dress. I walked out of the bathroom and saw the room was fully lit now, with white lights and everything. It almost seemed as if the room had changed- it now looked like a small sweet suburban home with peachy hardwood floors. Joemama69 was sitting on the couch watching a 90's sitcom, and he must have just started watching it cause it was playing the intro.

The entire house rang with the TV's song. "Three little orphans! 1, 2, 3! Without a home or a family tree! Untill this horse said, live with me! And now we've got a new family! Laughing and learning and loving a lot- Every new day is a dream! We were lost and now we're found... and now we're Horsin' Around!"

Joemama69 seemed to be enjoying the show, swaying to the music and humming along. It wasn't until after the intro that he noticed I was there. "Oh, Kai, you made it. Splendid! Now it is time for you to walk the plant."

The cheery environment made me forget all about walking the plant... This wasn't going to be fun. "Here you go, Kai." Joemama69 handed me a leash and a polka dot plant- not surprising. A polka dot plant matches Joemama69's scarf- of course he would have one. I tied the leash around the plant and we started walking.

"Kai, you must make one lap around the island and meet back here once you have finished, then I will escort you off of this island for good." Joemama69 informed.

Time skip! After the walk...

Pant... pant.... pant.....

I knocked on Joemama69's door and he swung it open. I forcefully shoved the leash into his hand and invited myself inside, sitting down on the couch that was now playing Shrek.

"Podemos continuar." Fiona said in Spanish.

Yeah, no.... I'm not going to watch this. I took the TV remote and changed it back to Horsin' Around.

"You seem beat. But you can't stay here and watch Horsin' Around. You need to leave. Now." Joemama69 threatened. He walked out the door and turned the lights off, forcing me to follow behind. After a couple hours of walking in awkward silence, we stopped at a helicopter on the beach.

"You will be taking this spare helicopter of mine. It doesn't matter where you go, as long as you're gone. You're the driver, go have fun. This better be our first and last meeting... Adios, Kai Satou." Joemama69 said. He seemed to have been in a slightly better mood after the game, even though he never got his answer.

I looked at the helicopter. Wait... was I really supposed to fly this thing all by myself?! I've never even been in a motorized vehicle, especially not one that flies. I turned around to ask Joemama69 how exactly I was supposed to fly this thing, but he was long gone. I turned back to the helicopter and stepped inside.

The control panel, was all wacko- nothing was labeled. I turned what I thought was the engine button on and it turned on a radio and a man that sounded like Rio Ranger started singing. "Hey now, you're an all tar, get your game on, go play!" But it definitely wasn't Ranger because Ranger would not post himself singing anywhere. I listened to the song one full time because- hey, it's a good song, and then I attempted to turn it off. But it wouldn't... I clicked every button in the aircraft and it wouldn't stop. I guess we were listening to All Star by (not) Rio Ranger on loop...

Luckly, pressing all of the buttons had a positive effect. The aircraft was now in the air and I started flying towards who knows where. Everything was going pretty smoothly! Flying a helicopter was actually a lot easier than I thought it was going to be. Hours later I looked at my gasoline meter and... it looked empty. I didn't know how much longer I had left flying... I need to land at the next piece of land I can find, no matter how small or dangerous it looked.

Y'know, at a time like this you wouldn't think I would zone out. Eggs benedict! That's exactly what I did. All the sudden, I could feel the helicopter going down... I didn't get a chance to look to where I was landing until I had already crashed...