16.

Authors Note : I know some of you have been reading my stories from the I was His and The Punishers Mate days which I started writing when I was 14/15 ( a literal kid ) . I'm now 22 and I have 2 degrees and I've just been offered the job of my dreams guys ! I've got my dream job , I could literally scream . Thank you all for sticking with me through my journey !

This chapter contains smut too !

~~~~

Where are you ?

Where are you ?

Where are you ?

Where are you ?

Where are you ?

Can you hear us ?

Zia , where are you ?

Groggily, I let out a groan and rubbed my eyes as my head began to throb. I felt as if someone had gotten a power drill and drove it through my brain , I felt like mush.

"Fuck" I groaned , sitting up as yesterdays events had gotten back to me .

Raven was apparently missing and Enzo was dead .

Enzo felt right , it felt like we fit .

I opened my mouth , not sure what I was going to say , when Enzo let out a strangled cry and then crumbled to the floor.

"Enzo?!" I screamed , looking in horror as a large black sword that didn't even look real went through his body and blood splattered everywhere .

I looked up to see a shadow demon standing behind him, it's face contoured in malicious intent as it conjoined another weapon from the shadows and then stabbed him again right through his heart .

"NOOO! STOP! PLEASE!" I screeched , tears pouring down my face as panic and fear went through  me .

The memory churned painfully in my mind as Rosie's words circled around my head .

'Leave the boy to die ' .

This was all my fault , I had been so stupid. I had made myself be manipulated by that evil bitch and now Hadrian hated me , Enzo was potentially dead and Raven was missing . Not to mention I was cursed .

I had to start thinking smart and not letting my emotions get the better of me , I needed to control my temper and come up with a real plan of action . Although , it was much easier said than done , I had inherited my fathers attitude and temper and any sign of disrespect made me fly off the handle .

It would be my luck not to inherit my mothers mild manner and compassionate nature .

Thinking of my mother made my heart squeeze painfully , I knew she must be worried sick about me and the whole situation . Not to mention our last conversation with her had been me being mean to her and making her think I thought she was weak which I absolutely didn't .

My mother was one of the strongest women I knew . She was probably the only person on this entire planet that could stand up to my father and tell him no and have absolutely no consequences . If that wasn't brave then I didn't know what was .

Guilt began to churn inside of me as I remembered how I had argued with Gabriel too , telling him he was just like my father as if that was an insult . My father was flawed but he loved us and he was good to us and it made me feel sick to remember how I had more or less lashed out on those closest to me .