2.

Authors Note : Hoping all my Jamaican readers had the best Independence Day celebration  ever! Jamaica the land we love 🇯🇲🤍

Authors Note : Hoping all my Jamaican readers had the best Independence Day celebration ever! Jamaica the land we love 🇯🇲🤍.
Also all my readers who I've been interacting with , you've all been so shocked when I talk as I'm sure you didn't expect a British girl 😂 But I love you all for complimenting my accent lol . Can't wait to get to know more of you guys , I love interacting with my readers because I see you all as family !

~THM~

"It's not fair that Hadrian and I have to be constantly chaperoned, when you was seventeen you was already living with dad and could do whatever you wanted" I murmured softly , my brows furrowed .

It had been two days since I had seen Hadrian and it was as nice as always , we took a walk around his large garden and ate some lunch before he had to leave two hours later to do some pack duties. Unfortunately, an hour and a forty minutes into our date, Uncle Aztec had come out in his drunken state and decided he wanted to put on a show for us which had ended up wit him accidentally setting his shoe on fire and then throwing up .

"I can try and talk to you father but you know what he's like , I think overprotectiveness is wired into his genetics " Mom laid a comforting hand on shoulder "After your engagement ceremony you'll get a lot more freedom though, just think about that"

"I guess" I shrugged with a sigh .

"Do you think you love Hadrian?" Mom asked softly after a few minutes of silence .

"I don't think it's love yet but I do like him, I can tell. It's different now but it's hard for my feelings to develop when we can't get any privacy" I admitted softly .

"The next time you see him you won't have to have a chaperone, don't worry about your father, I'll handle him" Mom promised , giving me a reassuring smile .

My mother and I were close , we had too be considering we were outnumbered 3-2 in the house and she was the best mom I could ask for . She was kind , thoughtful and had an aura of innocence about her that even made me protective over her which wasn't surprising as she spent the first seventeen years of life isolated with two people .

If anyone could sway dad then it was her, dad would do anything to keep her pleased and not be on her bad side so I knew she would come through with her promise and I was excited. Hadrian and I never really spoke about our emotions and I was slightly worried that he hadn't developed any romantic feelings for me yet , so this would be the perfect time to make him like me .

"Thank you" I said , crushing mom into my chest for a hug .

"No problem but we're visiting Jamsine and Chaos for dinner tonight , Enzo  is finally coming home and they're throwing him a welcome back party .It starts at 7pm so please don't be late" Mom said before standing up and making her way back inside the house .