25

Authors Note : Hope you guys had a great Christmas and wishing you all a fab New Years too . Appreciate all the support on this story too 🤍. This chapter is abit longer than usual too as little gift from me to you 🥹

~~~~~~

After a stern talking to from Jasmine , which made me wish the ground would swallow me whole and I could disappear from her stern gaze , Enzo and I were no longer allowed to be together alone .

Enzo wasn't happy about that at all .

"I thought we already established this , I won't be without Zia" Enzo said , rolling his moss green eyes after Jasmine had stopped speaking .

"I'm not asking you to be without Zia , I'm telling you until your wedding you will not be alone with Zia without some type of supervision!" Jasmine snapped , glaring at her son .

"We don't need supervision ! I'm an adult , you can't make me do anything I don't want to do and you can't ship me to the Demon world either. I'll move out " Enzo pointed out with a scowl .

"If you think you can go anywhere in this world and your father wouldn't find you and drag you back on my orders then you're very very mistaken"'Jasmine replied back , her lips thin in annoyance.

"It's fine , I don't mind a chaperone, I had to do it with Hadrian" I hastily said , trying to defuse the tension .

I felt incredibly awkward and just wanted to go home as Enzo and his mother bickered whilst I just sat next to him unsure what to say or do . The sooner I could get out of here the better .

Enzo turned to me , his eyes darkening and his body tensing .

"I don't give a fuck what you and that mutt did , I'm not a fucking loser like him and I won't have someone following me and my fiancé like we're incapable of being by ourselves" Enzo almost snarled .

"He's not a loser!" I snapped on instinct , not even thinking before I said it .

I had been with Hadrian for so long that defending him against anyone felt like second nature to me. I hadn't said it to purposely annoy Enzo or add more fuel to the fire , I genuinely didn't even think before I spoke. Hadrian had been a huge part of my life and being around anyone who disrespected him without saying anything wasn't even an option .

Even if it was Enzo.

However, my words seemed to enrage Enzo as he stood up abruptly , his chair flying backwards .

"What the fuck is that meant to mean? Out of the entire conversation, that's what you have to add?" He snarled, his eyes wild and furious .

" I didn't mean it like that " I snapped back , not the least bit intimated by him .

I knew he wouldn't hurt me and I really was trying to work on my own temper , it would be no use if we both just started arguing with each other . Especially in front of his mother .

"Then what exactly did you mean ?"

"I meant what I said , Hadrian isn't a loser so stop being an assho- I mean difficult. You're the one I want , you're the one I want to spend the rest of my life with so stop throwing a hissy fit . If we have to have a chaperone then so be it . Whilst you may be an adult , I'm not 18 until next month so my parents can tell me what to do and where to go" I explained patiently , grabbing his hand and stroking it softly in attempt to make him understand my sincerity.

Looking at me for a second , he nodded , the anger slowly leaving his body before he picked up his chair and sat back down .

"I still don't understand why we need a chaperone though" Enzo grumbled under his breath .