20.

Authors Note: Thank you everyone who liked and commented on my last chapter , I genuinely appreciate it so much , it means the world to me 🤍. And everyone who has reached out to me too. I started chemo on Friday & these comments really keep me coming .

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Before we start the meeting , I just want to start and thank everyone for being here . These last few weeks have been stressful for everyone and I just want us all to remember that regardless of the outcome , we are all family . Cassandra and Jasmine , you are my sisters . You've helped me to adjust to a difficult life and you've given me the type of advice that is priceless . I just want this to be a positive outcome" Mom said , her voice shaky as she looked at the faces of Hadrian and Enzo's mother .

Biting my lip , I looked down in shame , feeling awful that I was the sole reason this was all happening. Apart of me wished I hadn't met Enzo and had just got engaged to Hadrian so all this could have been avoided but I also knew everything happened for a reason .

I was fated to have met Enzo .

"Of course , it's not something we'd ever forget" Jasmine chimed in , giving my mom a watery smile .

I wasn't sure what had happened to Sapphire but I could imagine whatever it was, it had been weighing heavily on Jasmine . Regardless of what Sapphire did , she was still Jasmines sister .

Even though I despised Sapphire for her actions , I also hoped that she hadn't come to much harm as I knew how grave the effects could be on uncle Aztec . I hadn't seen him or spoken of him , too afraid to hear what might be told to me .

"That's easier said than done when it's not your son who was humiliated" Came the gruff voice of Samuel , Hadrians dad .

"Your son was not humiliated , they weren't even engaged" Scoffed Chaos "Besides , it's hardly her fault that's she picked up , who wouldn't want to be mated to my son ? "

The tension in the air became unbearably thick as Samuel stood up and let out a snarl , his face features glitching and becoming slightly more animalistic .

"Do something , I dare you " Taunted Chaos , raising an amused eyebrow .

"Stop it ! What is wrong with you ? There's already been so much senseless loss! We don't need anymore . Samuel is right , it is easy for us to sit here and act like all is forgiven because it wasn't our son who has been left heartbroken" Jasmine said , elbowing Chaos harshly in the ribs .

"Do you not have anything to say for yourself Zia ? You're the reason we're in the mess to start with" Nylah almost snarled out at me , her eyes shining in unabashed hatred .

Seeing someone who I had counted as not only a dear friend but a sister look at me like that made my stomach twist uneasily. Nylah had followed me to the underworld , she had fought side by side with me and now she hated me .

I was awful .

I didn't deserve Hadrian or her friendship .

"Yes, of course" I stood up hastily " What I did was despicable-"

" I think despicable is abit far and I think we're all being very harsh on Zia . She kissed Enzo a few times which was bad and is something she definitely needs to apologise for but I don't believe she intentionally meant to hurt Hadrian . Also , we all knew deep down there was a chance they weren't mates" Gabriel said , squeezing my shoulder softly .

"I didn't need any werewolf mating crap to know how much I loved Zia . I didn't need to look into her eyes to know that I would have done anything for her . The love we had was pure and unfiltered , on my side at least " Hadrian spoke , his voice quiet but powerful .