26- Bonus chapter

Authors Note : How is everyone's New Years so far ???

I've spent the last week absolutely sick , it's been hell , so I hope you've all had a better time than I have !

This chapter is going to seem super random and out of place but it's like a mini placement chapter before the next chapter which is going to be a monster of a chapter . So I thought I'd do a random fun family dinner scene that includes Bast and Killian. It'll make sense when the next chapter is posted as it's like a catalyst so Think of it as a bonus chapter Lmao . Hope you enjoy ❤️

"So let me get this straight , Bast is your mother and she was kept pregnant with you for over 500 hundred years and then you were hidden so she couldn't get you and then Dad got you ?" Ivan asked slowly , his brows furrowed .

"Yes" Mom confirmed , chewing on the side of her thumb nervously .

Ivan , Gabriel and I looked at each other as the silence stretched .

I knew we weren't the most conventional family and we were far from normal but this was a lot , even for us .

The thought of someone being pregnant and then being told your future child was going to be an offering to someone who had wreaked havoc on Earth and then having to be pregnant for 500 hundred years ?

That was insane .

No wonder Bast seemed to despise my father .

What she had went through was traumatic .

"H-how do you feel about it mom?" I asked after the silence became uncomfortable.

I wondered if it had effected her and my fathers relationship. He knew full well who Bast was to my mother and hadn't said a word .

Was she angry with him?

"It was alot to take in and I still feel like I'm in shock . It's caused some tension between your father and I which is why you haven't seen him around here for the last 5 days" Mom admitted with a sigh .

"Mom no offence but no-one but you would have realised dad wasn't here for the last few days . If it got to two weeks then yeah we'd realise but five days ? Absolutely not" Gabriel replied softly .

"What do you mean ?" Mom frowned .

"Mom , we know dad loves us and does the best he can but he doesn't exactly take a hands on approach to our parenting" Gabriel said softly .

"What do you mean by that ? I know he isn't the most conventional type of father but he does love you and he does try" Mom said crossing her arms .

Me and Ivan looked at each other and rolled our eyes .

Mom was so defensive of dad and his parenting.

When we were younger , mom would force him to all of of school plays, parents evenings etc and it was clear as day he wanted to be anywhere but there but he did it for mom . He would 'help' us with our homework which was obvious that he didn't want to do that either but again , he done it for mom .

He was around and tried and he did love us but my father done most of the 'parenting ' for mom . As we got older , dad was able to be less involved and it was clear that it was a relief to him .

He helped us train , showed us the ropes etc and that was his domain.

But in our day to day we rarely saw dad unless he was with mom so it wasn't out of ordinary for him not to check on us for those amounts of days .

Which was what we told mom .

"Well, I'm sure your father is missing you all and it's not that he's around only because of me. Anyway , let's forget all this . We've got dinner to go to "