22

Authors Note : Guys this chapter was 3000+ words but I accidentally deleted half of it when I was trying to proof read and edit so I am literally crying right now ! I was going to just leave it and come back to writing whenever the inspiration came to me but I've been doing so good with weekly updates , I didn't want to slide back into old habits and end up taking months off so I'm just going to publish what was saved so I hope you enjoy.

~~~

Blues POV:

"Grandchild?" I said slowly, trying to process what was being said to me.

Bast let out a small smile, her confidence beginning to crack the longer we stood in silence.

"I don't understand. You're my mother and you think the appropriate way to tell me is to announce it so casually in regards to wedding planning? Is this some joke to you ? That I was raised without you whilst only being taught how to serve a man ?" I demanded.

I loved Margret and Ms.Reid , they were the mother I never had and made me feel loved and welcomed.

I could tell them anything without fear of judgement and I genuinely saw them as family but as I grew and became my own person and a mother, I realised how wrong my upbringing was.

My entire existence revolved around serving Kavos, I was taught that I was made for him and I was to do what he said with no questions asked.

I had been shelted, never even coming into contact with another person until I was seventeen with books as my only company. When I met Rosies sister, I was so naïve that I hadn't even realised that she was being racist to me!

I had no backbone and didn't know how to stand up for myself and if Kavos had been a curler man, it scared me to think about what my future could have been like. I was the perfvet abuse victim because I wouldn't even know I was being abused which was sad.

I still wasn't perfect, there was still a large part of me that shied away from disagreeing with Kavos and wanted to please him.

I thought back to Zia, my painfully stubborn and hard headed daughter and felt a wave of gratefulness com eover me. I was suddenly glad I had such a strong willed daughter who radiated confidence and would die before she bowed down to anyone, least of all a man.

Yet my mother, a powerful goddess, had left me to be raised like that?

How could she ?

What type of person could do that?

What type of mother could do that ?

Bast's cat like green eyes became wry , her cat jumped down and circled her legs, rubbing on her to comfort her and I. suddenly wanted Thunder to eat the creature .

"No, no , you're right . I- I shouldn't have said it like that at all . It wasn't funny and completely insensitive for me to do , my apologies Blue" She replied , her tone softer .

I nodded , my arms crossed, waiting for her to continue .

"I don't really know where to start and honestly, I didn't know anything about you until Kavos took you from whenever you was when you became of age . I searched and searched but you were hidden so well and by the time -"

"What do you mean you didn't know anything about me ? I was always told I was human and was taken away from my mother at birth by Kavos" I interrupted , confused .

"You were taken away from me at birth and technically you are human"

"You're the Goddess of cats , of all feline animals and can transform into any feline you want . How can I be fully human and you be my mother ? " I demanded , suddenly impatient .