Chapter 1:

The wind swirled around me as I walked down the sidewalk, keeping up the pace. I checked my phone and it read 7:12 A.M. Great, late to my bus stop once again. I picked up the pace a bit and jogged down the street and turned to find my bus pulling up to my stop. I broke into a sprint and waved my hands, signaling him to wait.

I soon reached the bus doors and they swung open, greeting me with the filthy stench of teenagers. "Thanks." I panted, slowly walking into the bus. The driver gave a small nod and I settled myself next to Monica Van, my childhood best friend.

"Ah!" Monica screamed, shoving her phone in my face. I took it out of her hand and adjusted my eyes to her bright screen. "Look what Josh posted. He's soo hot." Her eyes practically rolled to the back of her head as she gawed over him. "You think he's interested in sex?"

"Monica." I spat out irritated. "You're a junior, he's a college senior. That's a pretty big difference." She gave a dirty glare and muttered under her breath as we pulled up to school. The bus doors creaked open, and out flowed the sluggish students, just waiting for the day to be over.

I squeezed through the crowds of people standing around and walked to my locker. I turned down the hall and mentally cursed at the sight of Harry, whom already noticed me and gave a smile. I waved a small wave but he never got the hint as he walked quickly up to me, smiling ear to ear.

"Hey M!" Harry said excitedly. "How was your winter break? Haven't seen ya in awhile! I called a few times but you did-"

"Ah Harry! My winter break was decent but super busy okay, and I'm extremely tired and I have to meet a teacher right now! Soo I'll talk to you later?" The lie came out so easily, just sliding off of my tongue, and he actually bought it. "Oh yeah! Okay!"

I gave a smile and walked quickly past him, rolling my eyes as I turned the corner. Harry had been obsessed with me since the seventh grade, and he never really got the fact that I didn't like him. Nothing against him, but my focus was school.

I twisted the combination lock, going slowly at my number when a hand pushed it, making me miss it. "Dammnit! Savanah!" Laughter rang in my voice as Savanah leaned against the locker. "Why? Just why?"

Savanah shrugged her shoulders, laughter still pouring out, and said, "I feel like it sometimes, okay?" I rolled my eyes and smiled, opening my locker. Books soon poured out along with papers and spirals, and I groaned. "Hm.. Totally forgot about this until now."

Savanah laughed and watched as I picked up my books and papers from the ground. I felt her foot jab into my side, and she whispered, "Bro, hot guy. Nine o'clock."

"What the hell does nin-"

"Look to your damn left!"

I rolled my eyes and glanced over my shoulder. I couldn't see the front of him, but I could definitely tell he wasn't for me. He had short brown hair and was built pretty big, and I rolled my eyes at his tattoo of a woman with a bikini. Classy.

"Go get him." I looked up and found myself alone, and rolled my eyes once again as I slammed my locker shut. I past by all my friends, giving small waves and hellos, and walked into religion, where my jaw had dropped to the floor. There on the chalkboard, a misfit or hooligan I'm assuming, was a large cross rotated upside down sketched into it with what I assume a knife. That wasn't coming out any time soon.

I looked around at everyone who had their mouthes covered by their hands, muffling their laughter, and I sat down in my seat, throwing my bag on the table. I unzipped my bag and slid out my large binder and notebook, setting it down beside me.

"Good morning class." Mr. Jackson's dull voice echoed in the room. "How was-" He stopped mid sentence, eyeing everyone. "Class? What's so- Oh my lord!"