Chapter 25:

"Slow down, my god!" Savanah shouted behind me, trying to catch up. I laughed and continued to go at my fast pace, rolling down the street. I kicked my foot off the ground, placing it back on my board as I picked up speed, leaving Savanah screaming behind me.

"Speed up!" I called behind me, curving my board as I turned into Dunkin's parking lot. I dragged my foot on the ground, stopping soon after as I kicked my board up into my hand. Savanah soon pulled in after me, trying to regain her balance from the turn. I snickered to myself as I watched her tumble into the grass, followed by loud curses. I held my hand out, "You okay?"

"Shut up." She muttered, smiling as she began t laugh. Savanah dusted herself off, grabbing her board and headed into Dunkin. I trailed behind her, still laughing about it. I tossed our stuff in a booth and slid myself in while she ordered for us. I texted Andy, just to make sure he knew where I was and that I was okay. I sighed to myself.

Andy had left early in the morning, saying he needed to take care of some things with other fallen angels dealing with Cheshvan. Nothing to worry about, he had said, kissing me before he left. But his crystal blue eyes were full of lies, and I could tell. I let it go, but I wasn't going to let it slide tonight. We were in this together, and that meant we needed to tell eachother everything. I mean, how could we be going through this if-

"Madison!" Savanah yelled, interrupting me from my thoughts. I blinked quickly, turning to her. "What? Wait, what?" I mumbled, confused. She rolled her eyes, handing me my drink and donut. "I said here you go."

"Oh! Thanks!" I said, sipping it. Savanah groaned and rolled her eyes, sitting herself down across from me. "Anyways, how's Andy?" Savanah asked, sipping her coffee as well. I swallowed hard and sighed. "He's alright I guess.. He's keeping secrets I think and I don't know I don't like it."

"Aw babe," Savanah said, patting my back softly. I smiled, shrugging. "It's okay, I'm sure it'll all work out."

I nodded slightly. "Yeah, I guess. Hey, do you mind if we drink this on the road? I wanna ride and clear my head."

Savanah rolled her eyes. "I better not fall, otherwise I'm going to kill you!" I laughed, grabbing my board and heading out the door. Savanah followed me and threw her board on the ground, pushing off quickly to start off. I set mine down and pushed off as well, letting the small hill take me down. The wind blew through my hair, making me feel as if it blew all my problems away.

"Hey Savanah!" I called out, riding up beside her. I reached inside my back pocket, retrieving a small box I had stuffed in there earlier. I carefully handed it to her, keeping my balance on my board. "I got this for Andy.. I had it custom made a few days ago."

Wow," Savanah gasped, taking the necklace out. I smiled at it, taking in its beauty. It was a twenty inch chrome link chain with a shiny brass padlock hanging from the center. The sunlight reflected off of both the chain and the lock, showing its beauty. Savanah brushed her finger along the small feather engraving on the front, and gasped as she turned it around, revealing another engraving on the back. Engraved on the back was a small heart with our initials inside, and underneath in very small cursive, it said, "We are the fallen angels."

"Oh my gosh," Savanah said, handing it back to me with a warm smile. "It's absolutely amazing! Beautiful! I can't even comprehend how beautiful it is."

"Thank you, I had it custom made." I said, opening the box. I fumbled around with it and cursed, pulling over to the side. I turned down an alley, stopping myself as I hopped off my board. "Sorry, I couldn't put it-"

"Madison," Savanah whispered, interrupting me. I looked back at her, confused and she turned my head to face forward. I scanned the alley way and my mouth dropped, stunned. There was Andy, leaned against the wall by a familiar woman, her hands on his chest. I remembered her from his memory, her name was Moraine.