Chapter 27:

"Hurry up!" Harry shouted, pulling me along in the dark hallway as I dragged my feet on the ground. My eyes scanned my surroundings, taking in all of it. The dark red brick walls lined the narrow hallway, small torches hanging from them, giving small glows of light here and there. The dusty concrete floor held small cracks and chips from previous fights I assumed that held little homes for tiny rodents that burrowed inside of them. "C'mon!"

Harry dragged me through the long halls, making sharp turns at the corners until we reached another door similar to the one from my room. He undid the latch that locked it shut and pushed it open, exposing bright lights that greeted my eyes. I squinted a bit and managed to open my eyes once more, looking around. My eyes went slightly wide as I looked around, realizing that this was his house.

"You live here?" I questioned, looking at all the beautiful and elegant furniture scattered around the entire house. Beautiful paintings hung on the walls, most showing angels and fallen angels, with elegant looking wall paper that showed the true beauty of the room. My eyes looked down towards the furniture, showing a soft ruby red couch stood up with shiny gold stands matching the chair next to it. A dark black wooden table sat in front of it, giving off a dark mood for the entire room. "Wow, it's beautiful."

"Yeah, yeah." Harry sneered. "C'mon."

Harry dragged me further down into the house, passing by multiple rooms that with one quick glance could still show its beauty. We reached his bedroom and he pushed open the door, pushing me inside. I stumbled over my feet, landing on his soft bed that cushioned my fall completely. I pushed myself up a bit, sinking into the soft mattress. This was nowhere near similar to the bed he had in my room, or as I like to call it, cell. I turned over, sitting myself atop the edge of his bed as he paced back and forth in front of me.

"Harry," I said calmly, "I don't understand. You weren't afraid-"

"Shut up, human!" Harry snapped. "I am not afraid."

I swallowed hard and went back to playing with the tight chains that lay wrapped around my wrists. My eyes scanned over the fresh wounds, wincing at the sight of them. Long fresh bruises ran along my wrists, covering them completely. Indents from the chains followed the bruises, and some parts were rubbed raw from the chains, leaving open sores getting worse and worse by the minute. I tried my hardest not to move as much, for if the chain rubbed against the raw wounds, I would be in complete tears once again.

I looked up, noticing Harry frantically rummaging through drawers, tossing his clothes into a messy suitcase that lay on the floor. "What are you doing?"

"If this doesn't work," He muttered, "I'm fleeing the country darling."

My eyes went wide. "What about me?"

Harry laughed. "If it doesn't work, you'll be dead and I'll have no use for you."

I gulped, terrified for my life. Dead? I don't want to die. My hands frantically shook, trembling at the thought of death. I swallowed hard once again and calmed myself, looking around for something to distract me. My eyes, however, went wide when they roamed across a small sharp blade showing underneath a large pile of clothes. I scooted closer to it, leaning over the edge of the bed. I glanced over my shoulder, seeing Harry with his back turned to me, shouting into his phone, and I quickly got to my feet. I shuffled slow and steadily to the pile of clothes, gripping my chains to make no noise whatsoever, and bent down. I slowly tossed each piece of clothing to the side, and dug my hand underneath, grabbing the blade. I slipped it out and found it to be a pocket knife, and I smirked to myself, thinking of the great uses I could have with it.

"Alright! Goodbye!" Harry shouted, making my jump. I snatched the knife and shoved it in my back pocket, standing up quickly. I spun around, noticing Harry turned around as well, and gave a hesitant smile. He eyed me skeptically, looking me up and down. "Are you okay?"