Chapter 14:

"Oh my gosh!" My mother screamed, throwing her hands in the air while she paced around the living room. "What in the world, Madison! I can't believe-"

You erased her memory of seeing you with wings, correct Andy? I said in my head, hoping he was listening. He was.

Yes, she only remembers seeing me in your room. Are you sure you don't want me to erase everything and we can start fresh? He replied, his voice calm.

I looked over and shook my head, and continued to listen to my mother yell and scream at me, her pacing quickening at each word.

"Madison Grey! I can't believe you! Who does this?" She roared, her face filled with anger. "I mean, Madison Grey, why would you think it's okay to let a stranger in at-"

"He's my boyfriend," I said irritated.

Her eyes went wide. "Boyfriend? Boyfriend! Oh hell no, no no no. This is not acceptable," she said, pointing at Andy. "Long hair, dark clothing, piercings? Disgusting and goth. Madison Grey you are not-"

"Shut up!" I yelled, anger rising. "Stop judging people, my god! You're such a hypocrite."

"Young lady!" She yelled, "I am your mother. You are not dating this satanic freak-"

"I love him! He is not a freak and don't you ever say that again!" I screamed.

Andy cleared his throat. "Ma'am-"

"Shut up!" We both yelled.

"You are never allowed to see him again. He is forbidden from this house and you can not-"

"Andy just erase the memory!" I screamed, pulling Andy to his feet. He quickly reacted to my command and grabbed my mothers head, focusing into her eyes. She wriggled and yelled but soon calmed down as her eyelids dropped shut. She began to collapse to the floor before he caught her, setting her down on the sofa. He brushed the back of his hand along her forehead, and sighed with relief.

"She'll be alright," Andy said, checking her. "She'll have a bad headache though."

"Thank you," I sighed, "She just wasn't listening and making me so mad. And she was going to take me away from you! I couldn't leave you."

Andy pulled me in for a tight hug and kissed the top of my head lightly, rubbing my back in a calming way. "Shh," He hushed me, "It's okay. We'll figure this out."

"Even though the memory is gone, she'll still have to meet you." I said softly.

"Yeah? So?" He questioned, eyeing me carefully.

"She'll still have the same opinion." I said, a tear forming in my eye.

Andy bit his lip and sighed, his eyes looking to the floor. He swallowed hard and pulled me tighter, resting his head on top of mine. "Maybe we can change it." He muttered softly, and I pulled off to look him in the eye, confused. Andy sighed and shrugged, saying, "Maybe, I can clean myself up a bit to be something that's acceptable to her eyes. I mean," Andy ran his hand through his long hair, looking down. "my hair is getting kind of ratty and long. I think it's time for a little cut, don't you think?" Andy gave a small smile.

"But," I ran my hands through his hair, "I don't know.. This is who you are, Andy. I don't want my mother to change you because-"

Andy grabbed my face and shut me up with a kiss, our lips sealed together. He removed his lips slowly and looked me in the eyes, whispering, "Angel, I'd change gender if it meant being with you." At that, I laughed. "I would do anything if it meant being with you, darling." He kissed the backs of my hands. "I'll take you tomorrow and you can watch my lion's mane getting chopped off."