Chapter 21:

"So, class, the reason angels were cast away was? Anyone?" Mr. Jackson said, skeptically eyeing the classroom for volunteers.

"Because they tripped!" Jim joked.

"Because they're ugly!" A girl stated.

I rolled my eyes at everyone's pointless answers, and continued to doodle on my notebook. I heard an agitated sigh come from Andy, and I rubbed his knee with my free hand, making a small smile appear on his face. I had always wondered if it was hard for him to take this class. I mean, does it make it painful for him to sit and remember all the things he used to be apart of? Does it make him feel worthless or less than he truly is? I felt so bad.

"Because they're stupid!" Tyrone shouted, interrupting my thoughts.

Mr. Jackson rolled his eyes in disgust, shaking his head as he placed his hand onto his forehead, groaning. "No it's-"

"It's because all fallen angels are evil." A stern voice sounded from the back of the class. My jaw clenched tightly in anger and the grip on my pencil tightened a bit. I turned my head over my shoulder, scanning the room for who said it. I watched as a girl stood up, her black hair falling off her shoulders matching her dark eye makeup and brand new Skillet tight tee. I scowled at her.

Mr. Jackson furrowed his brows. "Hm, please explain your answer... Miss..?"

"Ariana." She stated plainly. "There are multiple reasons as to why angels were cast down, ones such as going against their lord or doing something in the wrong terms." I heard Andy huff under his breath, laying his head down. "But every single reason as to why an angel is cast down is simply broken down to the core, which is evil. These angels whom were cast down were evil and-"

"Excuse me, Ariana, but not all fallen angels are evil. You'd know that if you'd actually pick a book up and read rather than babble on about your accusations." I snapped at her, getting a bit angry and annoyed.

Her eyes widened and a smirk appears on her face as she crossed her arms over her chest. "What other reason would there be for them to fall?"

"How about by judgement?" I said, eyeing her with utter disgust and rage toward her. "Say an angel was judged by their appearance rather than what's on the inside."

"That would mean they had dark wings, which is a common sign for satanism sweet heart." She snapped at me.

Rage boiled inside of me. How could someone be so judgemental and rude about something they had no knowledge of? I felt Andy's hand lace with mine, trying to calm me down, but my rage was too hot to handle.

"Ariana, where's your dark wings? I mean, I truly believed I was actually talking to Satan when you opened up that big mouth of yours." I shot back.

That made Ariana snap completely. I watched as the pencil in her hand snapped, sending it clattering to the floor as her face was locked in rage. I pushed out of my seat, standing up tall to face her. I heard a low growl form from the bottom of her throat, and soon a sharp pain hit my head. I clutched at my head, crouching over and screaming as the pain grew larger.