Chapter 20:

"So, Andrew. How have you been?" My mother asked sweetly, swallowing her mashed potatoes.

Andy patted his napkin on his face, clearing his throat as he said, "I have been excellent Ms. Grey, thank you for asking. Your daughter is splendid, always making me smile." Andy glanced over at me, winking slightly. I gave a small smile but soon turned back to my food.

I noticed Andy's mouth drop into a small frown, and his eyes glanced down, shame in them. He snapped out of his state of mind and continued the conversation with my eager mother while I leaned against the table, messing around with my food.

"Lovely house, Ms. Grey." Andy stated.

I watched a small blush creep upon her face, causing me to mentally gag. I rolled my eyes and munched on my steak, gnawing at the tough meat. I hated steak, but I'd rather pay attention to that then their stupid conversation.

My body went rigid with fear as I felt Andy place his hand on my knee. I flinched slightly, causing him to nice and take it away slowly, sorrow written on his face. I sighed. I was still shaken up from the car, and I just, I couldn't look at Andy right now. I was still a bit scared after what happened. I mean, my worries continuously wrapped around that one question: Why didn't he stop?

"Madison?" My mother's voice cut through my thoughts. I glanced up, confused as to what we were talking about. "How long have you two been dating, sweetie?"

I blinked a few times. "Uh, two months I think?"

Andy nodded, a smile on his face.

"How sweet. Eat your dinner Hun." She said, pointing to my plate of half eaten food scattered all over it. I sighed.

"Actually mom," I said, pushing myself from the table. "May I be excused? I don't feel so good, and I'd like to just soak in the tub."

My mother sighed. "Alright.. Come down soon though."

I nodded and headed up the stairs. I felt Andy's stare on me but I completely ignored it as I reached the top of the staircase. I rummaged through the drawers of my dresser, throwing a pair of shorts and an old tee out as I turned the lights off. I bunched them together and opened the bathroom door, locking it behind me. I tossed the clothes to the side, barely making it on the toilet. I laughed quietly.

I turned on the faucet, letting the cold water pour out. I shivered as it splashed against my pale skin, and stripped myself of my clothes. I ran my hand underneath the water, smiling in success as I felt the warmth of it finally. I plugged the tub and let the water fill while I brushed out my hair. I leaned against the door, placing my ear on it as I tried listening to their conversation. I could just barely make it out at all.

"Oh Andrew, dear! It's getting late!"

"Oh don't worry, I'll be able to-"

"No! I insist, stay the night! Please!"

I furrowed my brows in both confusion and anger. If he wasn't mind tricking my mother, then what the hell! How is she actually allowing this? I rolled my eyes and sighed angrily as I grabbed a bath bomb from the closet. I tossed it in the water and shut it off, watching the bomb dissolve into pretty colors.

I dipped my feet in there, smiling at the warmth licking at my legs as I sat myself down. I leaned back, letting the water cover up to my neck, and I grabbed my phone before dipping my hands in the water. I scrolled through my music, and put it on shuffle. I smiled to myself as I heard The Pretty Reckless "Just Tonight" playing through my phones speakers.

I set both hands under the water and let the warmth of the water relax me. I closed my eyes, sinking into the water as I listened to the lyrics. I hummed along as I scrubbed myself, wincing as I reached my neck. I glanced at the mirror, noticing how bruised it was becoming, but the two holes clearly shown through the dark bruise.