Chapter 12:

My head bashed into the hard ground, and I cursed under my breath. Not this again. My mouth immediately rejected what had been shoved in my mouth, and I gagged as I spat out the clumps of grass and dirt. Where was I?

My head craned around as my eyes scanned my surroundings, noticing large headstones and gates all around. Even in the dark my eyes could make out a large statue of what seemed to be an angel. A graveyard? Why a graveyard?

My thoughts were interrupted by a blood gurgling scream, piercing my eardrums. I covered my ears and shut my eyes until the screams began to fade, and I slowly got myself up from the ground. I brushed off all the dirt from my body and removed all the twigs and leaves from my hair before heading out on a search for where the scream came from.

I walked past a few graves, keeping to the shadows in fear of being noticed, and poked my head out from the corner of one of the larger headstones to find the large angel statue. Beside the statue I watched a young woman beating her hand tirelessly, as if trying to get someone's attention, before her body lost all energy. My eyes flickered over to the man pinning her down while his head was buried in her neck. Blood was pouring down her body, making me gag as I turned my head away. What is going on?

"Andy." I heard a familiar voice snap.

The attacker flicked his head up, turning it around while giving me a heart attack. I watched as his dark black eyes faded back into their beautiful blue, and his mouth a stained red from blood. "What do you want." Andy snapped back.

Tears formed in my eyes as I looked down at the poor helpless girl, her body finally still as the bleeding began to slow down. "Tsk tsk," the voice shunned, "eating a meal in front of one of God's helpers? Hm?"

"Get to the point Elliot." Andy said irritated.

My eyes widened as Elliot strolled out from behind a headstone, the moon light bouncing off his beautiful white wings. Elliot was an angel? "Andrew, we are only months away from Cheshvan. We-"

"We," he emphasized, "are not months from Cheshvan. I am months from Cheshvan, and I don't know why a petty little angel is bothering me about it."

Elliot grinned as he shook his head, chuckling to himself. "Andrew, you know well enough we are both in this. The archangels are getting aggravated at the amount of Nephilim that have been running the streets lately."

"And that's my problem how?" He questioned.

"You're the leader of the fallen angels. We need you to lead your army and destroy as many as possible during Cheshvan."

"And why should I help you?" He pried.

"Because," His grin widened, "the Orders of Heaven state that any fallen angel whom helps or follows a direct order from an archangel will be lifted from the curse they were bound under."

Andy furrowed his brows, "Curse?"

"Haven't you noticed you're the only fallen angel whom feeds both from the mortal food and the blood from innocent victims?"

Andy shot him a glare and looked down at the body, kicking it with his shoe. He bit his lip, eyeing Elliot carefully. "So what you're saying is, you can lift this curse?" Elliot nodded. "Can you make me human?"

Elliot let out a sharp laugh. "Now you're getting ahead of yourself Andrew. There are ways but that includes taking the life of an innocent," Elliot looked down at the body, "which you seem to have no problems with."

Andy huffed, rolling his eyes.

"By the way, how is Madison?"

That caused a flash of anger to rush over Andy, and I watched in horror as he opened his mouth wide, revealing four large sharp canines to protrude from his gums while his eyes turned to coal black. What have I been dating?