Chapter 17:

My fingers brushed against his cold skin as I ran the tape over him. I wrapped the white tape around his left side towards his rib cage three times, just to assure it was wrapped tightly and protectively. I ripped the tape off and tossed the roll to the side as I patted it gently down on his skin.

His soft face had been so cold and still since we left, and his body hadn't moved once. His wings, however, jerked every now and then, indicating a sudden urge of pain I would then tend to. I checked his tight bandages on his wings, and washed them once again with rubbing alcohol, cleaning the burns and scratches. I sighed softly, praying he wasn't in as much pain as I thought.

I stood up and made my way to the kitchen. I rummaged through his cabinets, finding a decent sized glass. I shut the cabinet door and opened his drawers, slipping out a knife. I set the glass down and held the knife just above my wrist, and shut my eyes tightly, letting out a sharp breath as I dug the knife into my skin. I cringed slightly but dug deep enough to draw blood, and I quickly swiped my wrist over atop the glass. I watched as the blood slowly trickled down into the glass I had set down. I slit it a bit deeper to let it pour slightly faster, and soon wrapped a towel around it, keeping pressure on it as I carried the small glass of my blood to Andy's bed side table. I set it down silently, and sighed.

I turned and headed back towards the kitchen when my entire body went rigid as the whole house filled with a loud scream. I spun around and my eyes widened as I watched Andy's eyes shoot open and his body bending back, pain clearly shown throughout his body. His blue eyes were rolled to the back of his head as he let out another scream of pain, and they soon found their way to the front of his head, where he looked all around anxiously. His veins were clearly shown by how tense his body was, and his shoulders were hunched very tightly together in severe pain while his legs moved frantically around.

"Andy!" I said loudly, placing a hand on his forehead, "Andy, it's me. Andy, it's Madison. Shh, Andy," I grabbed a cold wash cloth from beside me and placed it gently on his head, making his frantic movements soon calm down, "Andy, I'm right here for you. Shh, calm down, Andy. You're alright."

I stroked his cheek as his eyes slowly glanced over, fixing themselves on me. I gave a small, warm, smile as I tried to calm him down. Andy's body loosened up slowly, and he opened his mouth to speak. "Madison," Andy said hoarsely, "Madison."

"I'm right here, Andy." I whispered, rubbing his chest softly.

Andy raised his arm slowly, reaching out to me. I smiled as he stroked my cheek gently, but soon pulled away as he scratched at his throat. Realization flooded over me and I grabbed the glass from the table. I leaned over the bed and tilted his head up just a bit, putting the glass to his mouth. "Here," I whispered, "Drink."

Andy looked down and back at me, and his eyes went wide with sorrow. I nodded and smiled, tilting the glass up. Andy's eyes fluttered a bit as the warm liquid poured into his mouth and raced down his throat. I heard a slight moan and I chuckled to myself as he downed the very last drop of it. I wiped the stray blood from the corners of his lips as he continued to stare at me shocked.

"Thank you.." Andy whispered softly, and I nodded in response. Andy let out a small sigh and shut his eyes as he tried to sit himself up. He winced in pain, letting out a small yelp, but finally managed to sit up on the bed. Andy glanced down at his beaten body, and turned, letting out a loud gasp at the sight of his wings. Andy brushed his finger tips along the bandages on his wings, and soon made his way down to his bandaged rib cage. He looked into my eyes, shock and sorrow mixed in them while his mouth hung open . "You.. You did this?"

"You were in so much pain," I said quietly, bending down as I grabbed another cold wash cloth. I slowly squeezed the water out onto his wings and rubbed them delicately, cleaning them slowly. "I couldn't let you suffer."