Chapter 7:

I landed hard on the ground, a dreadful mixture of dust and dirt entering my mouth. My body soon rejected what had just entered my mouth, and issued a sequence of coughing to chuck it out. My saliva mixed with the remainders of the disgusting mixture and I spat at the ground, trying to wash my mouth clean.

I rolled onto my back, looking up to find no ceiling like my in school room, but a beautiful starry night. My eyes scanned my surroundings and found old trashcans, some knocked to the ground, and dirty brick walls closing me off three fourths. I looked at the ground to find broken beer bottles and pieces of litter, and noticed some little creatures stirring around on the cold floor.

"Great," I muttered to myself. "An alleyway in the middle of nowhere."

I rubbed the back of my head and winced in pain as I sat up slowly, my head still spinning. I managed to prop myself up using one of the trashcans for support, and stood still for awhile. I took a deep breath, calming myself down, and began to walk, only to stop dead in my tracks at the new sight in front of me.

There, in front of me, stood none other than Andy himself. He leaned against the wall, his head tilted down covered by his long black hair, but I could make out a cigarette hanging from his mouth. I rolled my eyes; go figure. The alley was completely silent, making the buzzing of Andy's phone inside his jean pocket clearer than ever. He flicked it out of his pocket and looked down, before letting out a long sigh. What am I doing? I stormed over to Andy, enraged. I'm completely sure he had something to do with whatever this was.

"Andy!" I screamed at him. "Andy where the hell are we?"

Andy payed no attention to me whatsoever as I stood right in front of him. I furrowed my brows in confusion. Silent treatment I presume? I rolled my eyes in disgust and crossed my arms, waiting for a response.

"Well, well," a soothing voice cooed, "I didn't think you'd show up."

Andy huffed and snapped, "Get to the point Moraine. I don't have all day."

"My my," Moraine said, strolling up to him, "Anxious are we?"

Moraine slowly wove her hands in and out of Andy's long hair, and he grunted as he took them firmly and pushed them away. "Just give me what I need."

I heard her sigh as she rolled her eyes, and sensed irritation in her voice as she spoke. "Fine, her name is Madison. Madison Grey, and she goes to Mount Clenwood High School. She's your ticket at becoming human."

My eyes widened. What? Me? Andy becoming human? Andy wasn't human? My mind could not process any of this, and I watched as she handed over a file, with the name MADISON GREY printed lightly at the top. Andy's eyes scanned each and every page of it, flipping through it quickly as he went. He nodded his head and shut the file silently.

"Alright," He said sternly. "I'll kill her."

I gasped as I shot up from the floor, sweat dripping down my face. My eyes adjusted to the new found light as I glanced around the room, finding myself back in the room at school. My intellectual state was completely blown away; how was this even possible? One minute I'm in the room, the next minute I'm in the alleyway, and the last minute I'm back in the room.

"You weren't supposed to do that." Andy's deep voice boomed in my ear.

"Get away from me." I said, my voice shaking as I stood up.

Andy stood up as well, his dark eyes slicing into mine. "I can't do that Madison. You know too much now, and that's not going to go well." I backed myself slowly, bumping into a wall, my eyes watering slightly. I shook my head in disbelief as he walked closer to me, his face inches from mine. Andy placed his cold hands on my neck, brushing it gently as it sent goosebumps along my skin. His hand soon left my skin as he turned, looking around on the floor for what I presume his knife. My body was frozen in fear, but my eyes were locked on his back. There, where I clawed him, his shirt was torn, showing two distinct black markings through the torn fabric.