-29-

Chapter 29: Curiosity kills the cat
Song: Murder in my mind by kordhell

Y/n POV
I take the biggest gulp of my life as I glance at the man I swore to never see again. Everything was coming back to me. The terror, the loss and what should of been forgotten.

Everyone followed behind 'Dave', their foot steps echoing down the empty halls. We come to a stop in front of a wooden shelf. Carlton and Lamar helped push the green shelf to the side, with a couple of groans and huffs here and there.

William smirked in amusement as he watched the two fellow teens, break their back. I was in shock at the fact the serial killer hadn't tried to confront me or come close to me. He just kept his pace at the front of the group leading the way.

I would be lying if I didn't say that I was nervous. This was suspicious after all. I clutch at the side of my jacket feeling for my heavy metal weapon, a gun. You could never be too sure and it was my duty to have it on me at all times.

We walked through the opening of the wall, down a longer hall. William clicked on to his flashlight, a bright light peered down the hall way. The hall was covered with drawing of yellow bunnies and stick men kids. The floor was covered in black and white tiles, with the few stains of what seemed to be pizza. It was awfully quiet except for Lamar who was chatty.

"What happened to the restaurant. And why is this mall abandoned, anyways" he asked annoyingly. I eyed at William, who shockingly didn't mind at Lamar's question. Of course, he wouldn't mind. This man was crazy about his 'creation'.

"Nobody wanted to lease Freddy's, because of what happened. Then they decided to build a mall to attract business. You know" William began explaining.

I furrow my eyebrows. I was in disbelief of how little I knew about why this shopping mall was being built. He had only told me a little but I couldn't really remember much. My brain was a bit fuzzy but I do remember the proud look he owned, like I had just witnessed it yesterday.

"But it wasn't enough. Something about this place spilled over into the rest of the building" William grinned like he said the funniest joke ever. I shuttered at how distributing he looked.

"Barely anyone wanted to bring their business here. Those few franchise owners who were about to open their shops quit their contracts and left. Said it just didn't feel right" The man continued.

"I think it's got an Aura. A mystical energy, maybe, if you believe in that sort of thing" he elaborated by doing some sort of motion with his fingers. "I don't believe in that sort of thing" Lamar added on, confused.

William shot a small glare towards Lamar. "To each their own" he sighed. "All I know is, they abandoned the construction before it was even finished. Now nobody comes here.."

William stands up straight, fixing his posture but also a slight bit of the back of his neck was revealed. I spot the familiar scars and so does Charlie. In all honesty I couldn't understand how Charlie didn't remember William.

Maybe. it's just been too long.

" Now nobody comes here except kids wanting to screw around" he spoke, pointing towards us but keeping his back in front of us.

Then out of nowhere, he proceeds to do a quick spin as if he knew me and Charlie were gawking at the back of his neck. "And me" he creepily admits, laying a hand on his chest. I look down to my feet quickly, praying that he didn't spot me looking at him.

Everyone began deciding where they wanted to go, Jason begging to head into the arcade while Jessica wanted to play around with the controls. Charlie stands beside me and begins whispering.

"Y/n..that guy gives me the creeps" she leans into me. I nod my head slowly, feeling a pair of eyes watching behind us. I peek to the corner of my eye, spotting William glare straight at me. "You already know" I agree, walking ahead.

——————————————————-

I take a twirl looking around the familiar area. It was almost like the old Freddy's I worked in but a lot smaller. I was in some sort of party room, a few tables here and there and the stage itself. I stop in my tracks, as I stand in front of Bonny, Chica and Freddy. A small drop of sweat dripped down my forehead.

"Gabby? Are you here" I whisper. I wait for a second ready to hear the same childish laughters of Gabriel. Nothing happened. I take a step away in a bit relief but I couldn't help feel disappointed.

"They are not really dancing like they used to" I hear Lamar complain. Crouching down I spot a small entrance leading to the control room. I smile at the memories of Circus baby entertainment and rental control module room.

"Could I try" William asked, shoving through the crowd and sitting in the small stool. "Why not" Jessica giggled in response. William began pressing around with the buttons making the animatronics come back to life.

Impressive I admit. "No way how did he do that" Charlie muttered, surprised. "You would be surprised" I whisper to myself. I walk over to Charlie, and watch the animatronics with her.

"Have you ever been to Freddy's ,y/n" Charlie asked me, curiously. I shrug my shoulders. "I use to work at one of the franchises a while back" I confess. Charlie jaw drops.

"No way! My father was one of the owners. You might have met him. His name was Henry" she waffled. "Yeah I actually did work by his side, how is he by the way?" I ask. Charlie's mouth turned into a sad smile. She looks away and plays with her fingers.

"He's actually dead" she acknowledged. My eyes widen. No it can't be. Henry Emily, gone? It only felt like recently where he would be oblivious to the abuse I received of William or how he treated me like one of his kids.

My heart began to ache and I had to stop my self from crying. "I'm so sorry, Charlie" I comfort her, placing a hand on her shoulder. "It's okay, my dad wouldn't of wanted me to mourn forever. He's more of a move on and live your life while you still can" she gives a sad smile.

I felt again a pair of eyes stare at me. Turning around I spot William, watching me with a eerie sort of look. He looked annoyed but also really excited. Almost like he was about to beat some game.

My heart stop when I realise what may happen. It felt like I was in slow motion as my head turned towards Bonny. Bonnies head turns towards William and he finally spots the man behind the slaughter.

The animatronic began to get jittery and triggered. Small, broken screeches left it's robotic voice box. Charlie clings on to me, frightened like a lost child. "Nervous little fella, aren't you" I hear William cackle like a maniac behind me.

"Lamar turn the shit off!" I shout. Lamar peeps through the entrance. "I don't know how" he began panicking. All the animatronics began to shake now out of control. "Gabriel?" I whisper again, unsure.

"Where's Dave he started this?" Lamar asked, annoyed. "He's gone" Jessica shouted. "Who cares we need to find Jason!" Marla cried out.

"Everyone go back to the control room, Marla find Jason and I'll search for Dave" I plan, strutting towards one of the hallways of the building. Before anyone could argue with me, they began to run in different directions.

I make my way down the dark hallway, cursing at myself for leaving my flash light behind. I hear a small giggle go down the hall, beckoning for me to come closer. "Fucking horror movie type of vibe" I mutter, anxiously. Grabbing the gun out of my coat, I clutch on to it tightly.

Opening the weapon, I check that all the bullets still remained the same. "Fuck" I curse, trying to close the gun back up. It was slightly jammed, a small dent at the corner appeared.

Suddenly, I felt a paw cover my mouth, tightly. I try desperately to hit at it but the thing holding on to me was huge. Panicking, I realise that I was about to lose conscious. I glance down to spot that the arm was a neon yellow Colour.

"Hello, darling" I heard the thing sing before everything became black.

Hey guys, new chapter. I'm taking small bits of the silver eyes graphic novel but I will be putting my own mix to it!