-31-

Chapter 31: on the run
Song: cake by Melanie Martinez

Y/n POV
"Y/n"

....

"Y/n!" I hear the voice of someone shout in my ear. Winging at the sound, I flicker my eyes briskly. I try to strech my arms out but fail due to lack of freedom I had. My bands were wrapped around a tight, itchy textured rope, leaving red marks amongst my wrist.

"What the fuck?" I mumble, confused at my surroundings. "About time your awake" I hear the grumpy voice of William Afton speak. Stepping out of my delusional moment I realise I was in the familiar car of William Afton.

William's car still remained the same, it just smelled fresher and looked neater. Of course he must of cleaned it a lot, due to bodies always being in his car, usually dead. His car seats were white which was also ironic.

So he wasn't being ironic about this 'road trip' he had planned. "What's going on?" I asked, tilting my head slightly towards him. William had the window opened, the breeze made his messy hair fall back. He was wearing a black slim shirt with a pair of purple shorts that stuck on to him like they were specially made for him.

"I got bored so I woke you up" he grinned. I roll my eyes in annoyance at the fact he barley even answered my question. Realisation hit me at the fact we use to be at the old abandon mall and now heading to a area I had no idea of. Possibly my death.

"What happened with Carlton?" I integrate the man before me. William tapped his long fingers on the wheel, aggressively. You could tell he was annoyed by the question.

"The dumb kid? Things didn't turn out the way I thought they would. Them stupid kids came back and so did the bloody father of the guy. Someone activated one of my spring locks while I was wearing my suit. Luckily I got out in time to live but unfortunately, I have punctured my thigh a little bit" William explains, lifting his shorts a bit to reveal the bandage.

The bandage was no longer white but a really deep scarlet colour of blood. I cringe, thinking about how painful that must of been. It was only a few years ago when something similar happened to me. The difference between me and William was that he was already a victim, based on those scars.

"That's what you get for kidnapping us" I mutter under my breath. William over heard my comment and grabs a lock at the back of my h/c hair. I yelp out loud at the sudden pain that just hit me.

"And I'd do it again" he hissed before letting go.

I narrow my eyes, glaring at him. He was still the same after all these years. "Where are we going?" I ask. William became stiff for a second before letting go and relaxing.

"My parents house" he muttered, quietly. My eyes widened. "Your parents house? Shouldn't you be bringing your wife?" I chuckle, teasing him. I couldn't help but laugh in my head at the fact I thought this guy was going to make me one of his victims.

"Y/n, do you seriously think I would be able to move on from you?" He furrowed his eyebrows, studying me. My cheeks turn red at his flirtatious remark but I decide to push it away.

"Don't flatter me, mr killer. Why are we going to your parents house?" I responded. He shrugs his shoulders. "Why not?" He answered.

I scoff. "William I know you wouldn't even want to be near your parents. Why are we going there?" I asked again, becoming impatient. William places an elbow on the barrier of the window.

"Well now that I played that joke on the chief's son, I need to lay low. Besides he kept asking where you were while pointing a gun at me. He's trying to take what's mine" William scowled, jealousy was written on his face.

My jaw dropped at Williams response. He is such a fool. We were on the run. No, William was on the run and I'm his helpless little hostage.

"So, have you moved on?" William asks, a hint of eagerness was there. I thought for a second about what I would say. Have I moved on? I've tried definitely.

"If your asking if I got with anyone, no I haven't. There is this one guy at my job though. Everyone says he has a mad crush on me" I add on purpose to test Williams reaction.

William grits his teeth. He starts chuckling, then the chuckling proceed to continue to a maniac laughter. "Go on, what's so funny" I grumble. William turns to look at me and places a finger under my chin.

"Tell me his name and address, darling. I'll fix all your problems" William whispered, glancing down at my lips. I slouch down in the white chair of the car.

"He's not a problem William and after Thomas I don't think I want you involved in my life" I spat. William clicks his tongue and turns back to face the road.

I yawn, boredom hitting me again. Looking out of the window, we come to a stop in a traffic light. A car pulls up beside us, a man with his dog was sitting inside. An idea sparks inside my brain, immediately.

I eye William, who was whistling by himself and looking out of his side of the window. I lift my hands up slowly, ready to bang on the window and beg for help.

If someone would at least recognise the car then I would be found. Honestly, who even drives a purple car. Before I could lift my hands any further I feel a pair of hands grip them back down.

"Do you seriously think I was born yesterday?" He snarls, digging his nails into my hand. I try to yank his digging nails away but fail because Williams grips was far too strong for me. I should of learnt that by now.

"Stop fucking moving and apologise" he yelled. His fierce tone caught me by surprise, making my body quiver. William was inches away from me now. His nose was nearly touching mine and his eyes spoke hatred.

"I'm sorry Will"

"Don't call me that"

William let go and pressed his foot on the accelerator, speeding away past the cars at the traffic light. I glance back out of the window, sadly. My attention is caught when I see a sign for directions dash past us.

New Harmony, straight ahead it read. And we were going straight towards it.

Small chapter with William and y/n. I've been busy a little bit lately but I should be back on track!