-36-

Chapter 36: lies hold guilt
Song: tek it by cafúne

Y/n POV
"Y/n? What the heck" Michael spat out in disbelief. The sun had just finished it shift, meaning that the sky was painted pitch black. In all honesty, it was understandable why Michael was confused at my presence. Who shows up at this hour. This didn't stop the either of us.

Michael confused frown turned into a goofy smile before reaching in for a hug. "Come on in!" He welcomed, moving a side. I give him a small smile before pacing into his apartment.

Michaels apartment was neat and messy at the same time. There was random shoes in different corners but clean shelf's of books in the other.

You could tell he didn't sleep due to the empty pizza boxes and gaming console beside his TV. The immortal and the restless was playing quite loudly on the tv. A toothy smile formed on my face, remembering how the vampire reminded me of William.

Michael jumped on to his purple velvet couch, interrupting my thoughts. I sat beside him, my body finally beginning to rest. "How have you been Michael? You keeping well?" I asked.

Michael let's out a small, exhausted chuckle before scratching the back of his neck. His brown hair was growing but it was still too short to call long. Not only his hair was volumed but it also had the same familiar deep chocolate brown, that coloured it. He had slight eye bags underneath his blue eyes, just like his father.

"Well, I've been coping. A lot of strange events happened here and there" he mumbled. Michael shifted his position to face me. "I'm actually still working as a night guard in a few fazbear entertainment restaurant" he claimed.

I raise my eyebrows in shock. This was the same kid who told me that he nearly died by his animatronic sister. "Are you not scared of dying?" I laugh nervously. Michael let's out a cocky smirk to my question.

"Where's the fun if there's no risk" he answers. I take a moment to realise how much Michael has matured and grown but still stuck to his inner child.

"Y/n?"

"Yeah?"

Michael looked uncomfortable and curious at the same time. He fumbled with his fingers as he stared at me, like this man was itching to ask me a question. "Where did you go after Henry's birthday".

I gulp nervously at the question Michael asked me. A sudden emotion of sadness washed over me."Well I had some important matters to deal with back at home" I lied. My heart felt heavy looking at the lost boy infront of me who I left behind. But was it bad that I couldn't tell him the truth.

Michael pressed his lips together. After a moment, he finally responded. "Well it can't be helped. Bad timing that dad's restaurant burnt down too. Henry was heart broken. They said that the security guard was drunk and smoked a cigarette and dropped it by an accident" Michael explained.

I kept quiet listening at how the story was completely switched around. Michael narrows his eyes. "I don't know why but from all these event that I've been through, I seem to be the only one that doesn't believe that is what actually truly happened"

His theory instantly caught my attention. "Why do you feel like that?" I mutter, slumping into the couch. "When I got dropped home, I heard loud noises in dad's basement. I knew he was drinking pretty heavily and I had no idea why. I went down to investigate and it reeked. There was things smashed on to the ground and I know you might not believe this but even blood covered on the wall spelling out sentences" Michael elaborated, his voice began to get shaky.

"What sort of words?" I continued to investigate his statement. The boy tilted his head and scrunches his face, like he was deep in thought. "Your name and something about doing what's possible to get what he wants" He finally admits. My eyes widen in shock. William went crazy. Was he doing some sort of ritual?

"Anyways, I watched in disgust and the one thing that kept sticking to my brain was where did he get that much blood? I got a good glimpse and I saw William's hand was covered in his own blood! He was harmed. My dad caught me stalking him out fo nowhere, so I ran into my room. The next day, I went downstairs and my father was on the phone comforting Henry. His hands, wrists and face were bandaged" Michael finished off.

My back shivered in discomfort. A bit of me felt deep guilt at the pain I left William with. Not only did I confess my love and left , he had also lost something he had created and set magic too. A home for kids. But I was also able to let the souls of those children free.

"Michael, I need your help with something" I declare, out of nowhere. Michael raises an eyebrow, his blue eyes gawking at me. "Have you heard the bodies of Hurricane?" I interrogate him. Michael let out a uncomfortable laugh.

"When has hurricane not have a missing body. But yes I'm familiar" he thugs at his collar. "I have a feeling that some of the bodies may be at some places that only two people are familiar with" I stand up, looking directly towards him.

"One of them is you! Are you willing to help me, my official expert?" I point my finger at him, catching Michael by surprise. Michael looked hesitant, thinking about the dangers of the job and what I had just offered.

"What are you a cop, now?" He snickers. I take out my ID, flashing it to him. "Detective y/n l/n at your service, soldier" I play along, placing my card back in my wallet.

"Well well, went from a fazbear waitress to a detective. Fair play, y/n" Michael cheers me on. He leans back placing both of his arms behind his back. His muscles were more defined as they ripped through his shirt.

"Whats it in for me?" He requests. I cross my arms and roll my eyes at the mischievous boy. "Nutella crepe on me?" I declare the offer. Michael places a finger on his chin and pretends to think hard on the decision.

"Deal!" He agrees, putting his hand out for a hand shake. We connect our hands and shake briskly before letting go. Michael stands up and places both of his hands on his hips.

"Where to, l/n?" He inquired. I grab the Freddy fazbear cap at the side of black drawer that stood near the purple sofa we had sat on only minutes ago. I chuck it towards him, the cap falling right into his hand.

He grips on it, studying for a second before looking up with a grin on his face. It's like we both knew that we were about to be in the most fucked up but eventful adventure out there.

"Bring me back to all of our memories we had once lived, partner" I command him, shifting my attention to the bright moon that gleamed through Michaels balcony, beautifully.

Small chapter! Sorry for the delay. Also I feel like Michael would listen to this song secretly. Kind of reminds me of him
Too. Also I know the chapters are slightly boring but I'm just pushing for the build up. Ty for reading either way :))