-38-

Chapter 38: Clowns are meant to bring joy!
Song: Centuries by Fall Out Boy

Y/n POV
"Y/n, do you think this will be the place I'll finally die in?" Michael enquired, nervously as he held onto his weapon. I raised an eyebrow watching the quivering man.

"We won't die here and if we will, will die together" I grin, teasingly. Michael widens his eyes and takes a step back uncertain. I proceed to make my way towards the elevator, pressing the round button.

With a few thuds and sharp bangs, the shabby elevator door finally opened in front of us. The lights were now flickering rapidly and the posters were torn apart, almost like a savage animal escaped in here.

The memory of the broken, horrifying clown appeared in my head, leaving shivers down my spine. I wondered if he way gone or if he was still lurking around. I take a step inside, while Michael followed behind, hesitatingly.

The doors closed behind us, even the fan still sat on top of the ceiling, spinning slowly. "Wel-..to..th-..first day of you-.. exc- new career!" Handunit glitched out, randomly. Michael flinched at the sound.

"I thought you were use to this sort of stuff" I point out.

"You never get use to it" he answered, sternly.

There was no other sounds coming out of handunit, probably at the fact he was worn out and broken. The elevator finally came to a halt, making our bodies rock back and forward. A eerie, muffled music began playing through the speakers.

"It's crazy how they still have electricity here" I mutter. Turning my head to the side, I glance at Michael who looked confused. "There isn't meant to be electricity, last time from what I've heard the whole place got completely shut down and abandoned" he announced.

Michael walked towards the side of the elevator, where the level buttons sat. He ripped the front protection part, revealing the wires. Raising an eyebrow, I take a closer step to inspect.

My heart stopped when I realised that the wires where cut up and majority even missing. "But how?" I gasped. Michael straightened himself, his arms flexing through his creased shirt.

"It's almost like this place is haunted" Michael spoke up, making his way to the small vents. "I hope your not claustrophobic" I try lighting the mood.

The brunette flashes a toothy grin. "Is it too late to say I am?".I push him playfully, letting him go in front of me. He crouched down and made his way through the dark tunnel, only a small flash light we had to share between us, lit the way.

I followed behind and gagged at the horrible, sickening stench in the vent. The metal flooring had a weird sticky but wet texture to it, which covered my hands and knees. "Yuck!" I cringed at the feeling.

We got out of the vent in a hurry, scurrying from the ground. My jaw dropped wide open, as I gawked at Michaels hands and knees. They were covered in a deep, red blood stain.

"Y/n what the fuck! Get it off me!" Michael shouted in disgust, wiping his veiny hands on to the poster that sat on the wall. "It's on me too!" I fight back.

Marching around, I search for some sort of clue to appear in front of me. I would be lying if I said I was brave enough to explore the rooms right away. "Wow cool!" I hear the giant brunette, exclaim.

My body turned in a full swift motion, waiting for an answer. Michael held a blue, cylinder box with a bubblegum candy in his other hand. "I found my favourite candy" he grins, fascinated.

I roll my eyes, crossing my arms. "Come to me with better clues Michael, you almost got my hopes up" I say. "Hey! These were discontinued. You wouldn't understand" he waves his arms in the air.