-39-

Chapter 39: I hope you rot in hell
Song: play with fire by Sam Tinnesz

Y/N POV
"You also encountered that freak?" I ask, pointing towards the closed vent door. Michael bites his nails nervously, giving a small nod in return. His finger nails were beginning to break and bleed out, you could tell that Michael used this habit to calm himself down.

"We use to call it the 'fallen creation'. My dad tried to create something that was meant to be amusing but actually turned out to be every child's nightmare. Including myself" Michael explains.

I doubt at the idea that William was actually trying to make one of his creations innocent. He just wasn't that type of person. "Alright, how'd you finally meet the guy then?" I cross my arms leaning behind for support.

"Well whenever I use to misbehave, Dad use to lock me in a closet with the animatronic. Except it was a lifeless ender skeleton and not a possessed one" Michael shuddered.

"You think it got possessed recently?" I frown. "Most likely" Michael replied, unsure.

Before I could continue the conversation the elevator came to a holt and the doors opened once again. This time a room full of gears appeared. "Fuck" I curse. Michael squinted, examining the gears.

"It seems that the gears are jammed and some even misplaced" he finally announces. I press my lips together, nervously. Michael reaches his hand at a red box that was stuck to the elevator, trying to grasp it open.

"What are you doing?" I enquired, confused.

He fidgets with it before finally opening it, revealing an aid box and a few tools. The brunette reaches for a wrench and grins excitedly, like a small kid who received a lollipop.

"Don't worry, Y/n! I got this" he smirks, flexing his arms towards the gears. I watch him impressed at how brave he could be. Maybe his fathers hard temper was put to good use.

Suddenly, a loud scrape was heard from one of the sides of the room. Michael jerks his head towards me with his eyes widened. I clutch on to my gun and begin to point it towards the direction of the noise.

"I got this" I reassure him. Michael nods, heading back to his work. "How long do we have Michael, this could pop out and eat us alive any second" I ask the busy man.

"I can't find one of the fucking gears" Michael curses. In the corner of my eye, I spot a gear sticking out. I jolt towards it, ready to snatch the metal material before a metal skeleton hand grabs on to my hand.

"Ouch!" I scream. Ennard screeches trying to jump into the elevator. I grab my gun and shoot the animatronic at his arm, causing for him to fall backwards.

"Michael, catch!" I announce, throwing the gear towards him. Michael catches it with his hand and immediately places the gear into the missing spot. The elevators vent shuts again and begins to go further down.

"Nice catch" I compliment. Michael tries to catch his breath, crouching down beside the deceased body. "I'm so caught up with Ennard that I can't even smell the body" Michael points out.

I chuckle at this comment but soon our celebration was put to an end when the vent doors opened again. Even though Michael had previously shot at the intercom speaker, a creaky eerie music still played. It was almost like it was welcoming us to our final mission.

It was pitch black, nothing could be soon which irritated both me and Michael's eyes. Out of nowhere, a small light appeared and flames came spouting out of the corners.

"Oh shit the boiler room" Michael whispered. Four yellow pipes with numbers stood before us, including four buttons that sat in front of us. The heat glazed my skin, like I was being cooked alike.