21 • protecting for good

Jake brought Eryn to the rooftop to calm himself

"What's wrong with her? Can she stop bothering my life?"

" I swear to god, I'm so sick of her".

"And you? Why you just stay quiet when you already know that she is just using you". Jake looked at Eryn who lowered her gaze,not wanting to see Jake.

"Jake...she is my friend.."

"I'm the one who want to help her to fix your relationship with her".

"She still loves you,Jake.."

"Eryn-ah...you call her your friend. Eryn wake up! If she considered you as her friend,she didn't use you for her own sake. In facts,she will protect you and always support you".

"Now look,is she even care about you?
Is she knew about your feelings? Is she knew if she hurts you or not? Did she?" Jake asked Eryn.

"She asked for your help? And what now? Are you close to me just because of her?"

Eryn looked at him and bit her lips.

"This is not your problem. You know what..just fix your relationship with her and end all these before she make it worse".
Eryn said with a teary eyes.

"For what? I hate it when I saw she's hurting you again and again.

"And right now you still want to ask me to fix my relationship with her?". Jake took a deep breath.

"I want you to stay by my side.." Jake said with a lower voice.

"Nonsense,Jake".

"Eryn, I do all these because I care about you. I can't bear to see you like that Kang Eryn... You always help her as she is your friend when she did nothing to you. All she did is hurting you... Am I right?".

"This is my life,Jake. Mind your own business just like how you asked me to do before this".

"I just don't want you to feel what I felt. I want to protect you,Kang Eryn. Let's protect each other..". Jake held her hand,hoping for her to accept him.

"I said STOP!" Eryn pushed his hand away harshly.

"My life already messed before this. Don't make it worse. And please don't say anything that you really didn't mean it".

"About what?"

"About your feelings towards me. About you like me".

"Eryn.."

"You didn't mean it right?" Eryn looked at him.

Jake just remained silent and looked at Eryn. His heart broke into pieces when Eryn said that. He felt upset when Eryn didn't feel the same thing with him.
He then took a deep breath and looked at her.