Untitled Part 11

Wang Shi was not happy, "When your third aunt's family Xing got married, she was still carrying twenty-four. You can't miss her. When your sister got married, the family was nervous, so you also prepared twenty-four."

  Jin Niang closed her mouth, thinking that there was quite a lot of furniture in the dowry when the third aunt's family got married, and the furniture was very complete. Women's dowry is very important in this era. Generally, the dowry is decided at the meeting when getting married. , Often the maiden's family will ask for more, the more the man gives, the more attention it means, and the woman doesn't want people to say that she is selling her daughter, so she pays more dowry, which also represents the parents' love for their daughter, so as to avoid The daughter went to her husband's house to be despised and bullied.

  Of course, the peasant family is not so wealthy, and some people really regard marrying their daughters as 'selling' daughters, hoping that their daughters can marry well and improve the family's living conditions, and even give their daughters to wealthy households as concubines, then there will be no dowry. . For example, the daughter of the third aunt's family in their village had a complete dowry because she married into a wealthy household in the county seat. The dowry of Jinniang's two sister-in-laws was only paid for with employment money.

  When Manniang became a monk, the family didn't have much money, but even so, the parents didn't deduct the dowry, they all gave it to Manniang, and even added some more. Speaking of which, the two elders were not bad for their daughters and sons. After all, it may be more distressing for the daughter to be married to another family.

  With the jiāoqíng of the Chen and Yang family, they are not afraid of the suffering of Jin Niang in the past, but as a mother, she is always afraid of what her daughter is missing. Wang's maternal love for Jin Niang warmed Jin Niang's heart, and she felt very reluctant at the thought of getting married and leaving her mother soon.

  The day is busy and it enters the 28th of November of the lunar calendar, which is the time for the big recruitment.

  On the day of the betrothal gift, the Chen family got up early. At this point, everyone in the village knew that the Chen family and the Yang family were married, and they all came to watch the fun. They also wanted to see what the betrothal gift was about. The eldest son returned after serving in the army for six years. The two villages were far apart, but the relatives were connected to each other in eight villages. The news was very well-informed. The news of the return of the eldest son of the Yang family was spread all over the place. This is also a legend.

  The Chen and Yang families didn't ask for anything about the dowry. The relationship between the two families was good, and the Yang family would not lose Jin Niang. It would be bad if they really raised too much.

  Mr. Yang really took the marriage of his eldest son to heart. For him, the status of the eldest son is different. The Chen family has been with the Yang family for decades, and this marriage was decided by the old Mrs. Chen. Mr. Yang has another plan in his heart. The sons in the family are all grown up, and even the fourth child is engaged. The family is to be divided. He was a little hesitant before the eldest son came back. passed. So this heart is definitely biased.

  Yang Zhenhai has been abroad for six years, and he still had contact with his family in the first two years. If he had any money, he would send it back to him. He saved more than 80 taels. Father Yang used this money to buy land for four years. Twelve taels, the rest went to marry the two sons, and he and his mother saw a doctor, and there was nothing left. However, in the past few years, the production in the field, plus some savings, there are more than 30 taels. Father Yang wanted to give all the money to his son, but Yang Zhenhai did not agree.