FERAL: chapter eight

Rushing around the pack, I look everywhere I can think of for North

Rushing around the pack, I look everywhere I can think of for North. People look at me as if I've gone crazy, but I ignore them.

Where could he have gone?

I continue to search around the pack leaving no corner left unchecked. He couldn't have gotten that far since nobody's made a huge scene.

"Doctor Glassman!" I call out when I see him walking into the hospital.

"Gaius? How have you been?" Doctor Glassman asks with a smile.

"Not very good," I tell him. "Have you seen North?"

His brows furrow. "North?"

"The feral rogue," I quickly explain.

Something flashes through his eyes but he smiles nonetheless. "I haven't, I'm sorry."

Groaning, I turn around and move to take off again. Along the way, I nearly hit Quinn who looks at me with wide eyes. Beside her is Taylor who is sporting a baby bump and carrying multiple shopping bags.

"Gaius? Are you okay?" Quinn asks worriedly.

"No," I run my hand through my hair as my eyes flick around hoping that maybe North will pop up. "North - my mate - is missing, I'm trying to find him before he runs into Gray or causes a scene."

Quinn frowns at this and nods before turning to Taylor. "Are you going to be okay walking back alone?" Taylor nods. "Well then it's settled, I'll help you, Gaius."

I shake my head. "You don't have to-"

"Nonsense," she waves me off. "Your mate is missing and I know how Gray is. Come on two pairs of eyes are better than one."

Instead of arguing with her, I nod before we move to search the rest of the pack. Every minute we spend searching the wrong area is another he spends either getting closer to Gray or maybe the pack border.

Quinn and I search practically the whole pack lands before we finally have to make our way to the woods. I was hoping to find him before and not have to check the woods but it's the only place left.

"I'll go to the south, and you can check the n-" I start to tell Quinn before I'm cut off.

"Goddess!"

Quinn and I stare at each other before making our way towards the area the scream came from. Pack members are looking around when we get there and the first thing I see is North. Without thinking, I quickly move towards him and crouch down in front of him before pulling him closer to me.

"You scared the hell out of me," I scold.

It's at that moment, I become aware of the mixture of scents behind me. Turning around, I look up and see a bunch of unfamiliar and familiar faces and a very mad Gray. My brows knit together in confusion before it clicks within my head that these are the elders and council members.