FERAL: chapter twenty-one

The room was bright

The room was bright.

I winced slightly when I woke up, the light immediately blinded me. Blinking twice, I tried to sit up but my arms and legs were strapped to the table I laid on.

"Oh you're up," A voice called out to me.

The face of the man from earlier came into sight. A glare fell on my face and he laughed amusedly before running a hand over my face.

"Who the hell are you?" I growled out.

"Me? You can call me Master Dexter for the time being," he grinned.

I scoffed at that and tried to tug at the straps holding me down.

"That won't work," he said in a singsong voice watching me.

"What do you want with me?" I asked.

He shook his head. "Boy, I already got what I want; revenge for my dear brother. You need to be more worried about what he wants?"

As if on cue, the door opened revealing another man. He seemed to be older than Dexter.

"This is the boy?" He scoffed. "You couldn't have gotten a better one? Like the girl?"

Dexter rolled his eyes. "Be grateful, it would've been harder to snatch her. He has potential," he patted my face. "Only problem is he can't shift."

The man chuckled darkly. "Problem? That's hardly a problem. Doctor!"

The door opened revealing a lady. She was older, wrinkles covered her body, and her hair was practically nonexistent. I shivered as she ran her fingers over my body before pulling a syringe out if her pocket.

"This my hurt...a lot," she said in a raspy voice.

Before I could even try to say anything, she injected me with something and my body instantly began to feel as if it was on fire. My vision became hazy and my bones began to break.

Screams escaped from my mouth and filled in the room but nobody seemed to care. Dexter laughed as the other man grinned.

"He'll do just fine," the mystery man said and that was the last thing I heard before everything went dark.

...

"He passed out?"

"Yeah," Gaius sighed as he spoke to what I assumer to be Gray over the phone. "Still hasn't woke up but we're on our way back."

I blinked before taking in my surroundings. I was laying in the back of the car with my head on Gaius' lap. Shifting slightly, I tried to sit up and Gaius quickly realized I was no longer asleep.

"I'll call you back," He told Gray before hanging up.

Gaius helped me into a sitting position before raising a hand to my cheek and looking at me worriedly. "Are you okay?"