FERAL: chapter sixteen

"Onyx," a voice cooed

"Onyx," a voice cooed. "It's time to get up."

A hand shook my body lightly and I let out a growl before swatting at it. If I wasn't awake yet, then it wasn't time to get up.

"Onyx," someone groaned. "Come on, we have plans."

With a sigh, I peaked form under the blankets and stared up at Gaius who was looking both amused and slightly annoyed. Frowning, I forced myself to get up and tilted my head at him.

"You never wake me up," I tell him.

I had been working on my speech recently. It was annoying when words came out wrong or they flowed together when I didn't mean for them to.

"I know, but we have to meet up with Gray."

My mood slightly soured at that. I wanted a day where Gaius and I could just lay around and not have to deal with the mess called our life.

"Why?" I asked instead.

"Gray wants to try and see if you're in any of the missing wolf files. Maybe you'll remember something."

"The what?" My brows furrowed and Gaius chuckled slightly.

"The missing wolf files. They're basically reports of wolves that disappeared from their packs. They're mainly high ranking wolves so it's rare that we'll find anything, but it's worth a shot," he explained.

I nodded at his words and Gaius helped me to the bathroom before going to get clothes from the closet. While he did so, I brushed my teeth and took a quick shower before getting dressed.

When it was time to leave, Gaius helped me into the car and I buckled my seat belt. I knew Gaius didn't like to drive around the pack so I had decided that after my speech improved, I would work on walking.

As Gaius drove, I looked out the window at the pack. It was a Monday so most pack kids were gone, but there were some adults walking around with kids who were too young to go to school. There were also some people who I assumed were getting ready to go to work.

Work. I wanted to get a job at some point. Gaius did everything for me and while I know he didn't mind doing so, I felt like a deadbeat.

When we pull up at the building, Gaius helps me put of the car and we make our way to Gray's office. Gaius opens the door after knocking twice and inside sits two familiar ladies from before, but I can't remember their names.

"Gaius, Onyx," Gray greets. He stares at me for a few minutes before he notices my confusion and turns to the ladies. "This is my mate, Quinn," he introduced the younger lady with golden blonde hair. "And this is Elder Rachel."

Elder Rachel nods in greeting and Quinn offers me a smile which I hesitantly return.

"Where's Foster?" Gaius questions as he leads me to a seat.