FERAL: chapter thirty-seven

A groan escapes my lips as I sit up and look around

A groan escapes my lips as I sit up and look around. Everything is blurry and it sounds as if I'm underwater. I blink in an attempt clear my vision and my hands move to my ear and try to knock the water out of them.

My head's killing me.

My whole body aches.

I squeeze my eyes shut and try to remember what happened.

Where was I?

How did I get here?

When I reopen my eyes, everything is clear. I notice that I'm in a hospital room. The pack hospital.

"I see you're finally awake."

I turn around and see the familiar faces of Gray, Doctor Heights, Foster, and an unfamiliar person there. He doesn't quite smell like a wolf but I can't make out what he is.

"Wha...what happened?" I question with another groan.

"What all do you remember?" Gray asks with a frown.

"Uh, I remember visiting the Solar Moon Pack with Onyx and Councilman Steele," I tell him.

Onyx.

The memories of the councilman shoving him back into the car filled my mind, but I can't remember what happened after that.

Is he okay?

My eyes widen and I quickly look around the room to find my mate. When I find him, I try to climb out of the bed and move towards him but Doctor Heights stops me.

"Your body is still weakened, Beta," she states and I frown.

"What happened to me?" I look at Gray and Foster hesitantly.

"...You were kidnapped, Gaius. They injected you with things that made you lose your mind and appear feral," Foster says quietly.

As if a door is unlocked, the memories from before came flooding back. My eyes closed and I gripped my head as they flashed through my mind.

"Did you get them all?" I ask Gray.

Gray nods. "We got the two wolves who did this."

I begin to open my mouth and say thank you but no words come out as I think about what he said.

Two wolves?

My eyes meet his and his brows furrow when he sees the confusion in my eyes.

"What about the witch?"

Foster's face now mirrors Gray's. "What witch? There were only two people in there besides the ferals and captives."

"You're confused; you just woke up from a traumatic experience," Doctor Heights claims but I shake my head.

I remember her distinctly.

"There was a witch," I tell them firmly.

Gray frowns at this and he pulls out his phone before walking towards the door.