FERAL: chapter twelve [part one]

Gray and I continue to talk for an hour or so

Gray and I continue to talk for an hour or so. We talk about the pack, increasing training, putting more wolves around the borders, and we talk about Doctor Glassman. Gray said he'd link me once the Doctor woke up.

Just as we finished talking, the council and elders entered the office claiming they needed to talk to Gray. I opted to take North home and to my surprise, none of them stopped me. I guess they were still focusing on today's events.

North and I walked through the pack and his eyes glanced around, soaking up everything. I wanted to give him a full tour around the pack someday.

A child rushes past North and he blinks a few times before turning around to look at the others as they play. I smile at his curiosity.

"This is a mistake! You'll be sorry!"

I turn around and see Councilman Steele and Moses dragging Dad towards Gray's office. My brows raise and Dad's eyes land on mine before they drop to North.

"Gaius!" He yells out but I shake my head and ignore him.

He's already caused enough harm, I wasn't going to give him the chance to do more. North snarls at him as he passes and I run my hand through his fur to try and calm him down.

"It's alright," I tell him softly.

North eyes Dad for a few more minutes until he's out of sight. Once North stops snarling, I continue to walk home with him. When we get home, North quickly rushes inside the building and jumps on the couch, showing just how much he missed being home. He moves off the couch and walks around the house sniffing before walking in the kitchen and sitting in front of the fridge.

Food would be the only thing on his mind.

Shaking my head, I decide to make something for the two of us to eat. North watches carefully and occasionally tries to steal the food. Once it's done, I make my way to the living room, sit on the couch and place North's plate on the floor. He quickly dives in and I smile.

At least the cell time didn't seem to effect him.

Grabbing the the remote, I quickly switch the T.V. on and scroll to find something suitable to watch. When Supernatural pops up, I decide to leave it on that. North seemed to be somewhat interested in the show since he looked up from his now, practically empty plate.

The two of us stay like that for the rest of the night. We watch a variety of shows and movies until the both of us fall asleep.