FERAL: chapter twelve [part two]

north

The first thing I notice when I wake up is the sweet scent surrounding me. It's nothing I've smelt before and it's addicting.

I have to have more.

I try to move my nose but nothing happens. Biting back a frustrated growl, I try again to push my wolf out of control.

How long have I been like this?

Fog surrounds me and clouds my vision and sounds are blurred as if I'm underwater. It's like I'm at the movie theater trying to watch a show, sitting in the back seat and someone bigger comes and sits in front of me blocking my whole view.

I want to see.

I keep trying to push forward but no changes happen. The scent wraps tighter around my body, making me growl in both hunger and frustration.

Let me see.

I try to take control once again. My wolf senses me and moves out the way.

Finally.

I push forward until the fog dissipates, the distorted hearing is gone, and the bones in my body begin to crack. In a flash, the scent moves away and I bite back a whine.

When my transformation is done, I blink repeatedly to clear up my vision and take in the unfamiliar scenery. My head moves around until I stop at the sight of an unfamiliar man. His eyes are wide and he stares at me as if I'm a ghost.

So this is Mr. Good Scent.

I try to stand up and move closer to him, but my legs aren't used to me putting pressure on them after being in my wolf form for too long and I nearly fall to the floor. Mr. Good Scent moves to quickly catch me before I can hit the ground. I look up at him and tilt my head in confusion.

He's crying.

He opens his mouth, closes it, before opening it again and the words that come out are so quiet that if we weren't so close to each other, I wouldn't have heard.

"North is that you?" He whispers.

I tilt my head and stare up at him.

Who is North?