FERAL: chapter seventeen

"Onyx!" I call out but he doesn't reply

Instead, his hands grip his head harder and tears begin to stream down his face. I pull him close to me and try to calm him down. I don't know what's happening to him and it's worrying me.

"Gaius," Onyx's voice comes out much quieter than before.

"Onyx? Are you okay?" I lift his head slightly and wipe away the stray tears on his face.

"I-I had a memory...I remembered something," he whispers.

"What did you remember?" I question.

Onyx's eyes drop down and another tear falls. My heart breaks as I watch my mate fall apart in front of me. I grip him tighter and run my hand through his hair.

"I remember my pack...the Solar Moon Pack. I remember getting taken," He grips onto me and his body shakes slightly. "I remember my parents."

I frown at this, so he does have a family. If they're still alive they're probably missing their child. They're probably thinking they'll never see him again.

"Do you remember the people that took you?" Gray interrogates.

Onyx shakes his head. "I remember a man and another wolf. When I asked the man why he was taking me, he said something about blaming my cousin."

My brows knit together at this. Who was his cousin and why is he to blame?

"Maybe visiting the Solar Moon Pack will bring back more memories," Quinn suggests.

Gray thinks it over for a few minutes before nodding.

"Would you be up for a trip to the Solar Moon Pack?" Gray looks at me but I know the question is mainly directed at Onyx.

"I...I want to go," Onyx says. "I want to see my parents."

I nod at his words and so does Gray.

"Then it's decided. Tomorrow, you two and Councilman Steele will go to the Solar Moon Pack," Gray says.

I force myself not to groan at this. "Does it have to be Councilman Steele?"

Gray meets my eyes and nods. "Quinn and I are needed here, Moses has to do training, and Foster needs to be here for Taylor. Suck it up, Gaius and put your differences aside."

I bite back a scowl and nod. Even if I didn't like Councilman Steele, I'd go with him if it meant Onyx got the answers he needed and was able to visit his parents. If they were still alive.

"Good, we will meet again once you return," he tells us. "You can go."

I stand up and help Onyx before we leave. Making our way back to the car, I glance over at Onyx who's looking at the ground and is lost in thought. I frown as another tear falls from his eyes. I wanted to make him feel better, I wanted to take away his pain, I wanted him to be happy.