FERAL: chapter twenty-two

White

White.

That was the first thing I saw when I woke up. Wincing, I slowly sat up and gripped my head.

Where the hell am I?

Where's Onyx?

Questions swarmed my brain and I did my best to try and remember. We visited the Solar Moon Pack, we talked to Onyx's parents, we learned about Dexter, we left and then we were-

"We were ambushed," I mumble to myself and quickly stood up causing everything to start spinning.

I leaned against the wall until the spinning stopped and looked around. The room was practically empty besides a table in the center and the door was to the right. Pushing myself off the wall, I made my way over to the door.

I had to find Onyx.

I yanked on the door but to no one's surprise, it was locked. I groaned to myself and looked around the room again for a vent- anything that could help me escape. There was nothing in the room though; the only exit was the door.

With a sigh, I made my way back to the middle and leaned against the table in thought. Councilman Steele had taken off with Onyx, so he should be safe. Even if I couldn't escape, Gray would surely find me.

I'd get out of here.

I had to.

The doorknob caught my attention as it began to shake. I eyed it as the door opened, revealing two men and a woman behind them. One of the men showed no signs of being a werewolf and he smelled like a human. I assumed he was Dexter Freeman. The other man however, was definitely a wolf; the aura he gave off was one of an alpha. The lady was a different case; she definitely wasn't human but didn't smell like a wolf either.

"You're awake!" The human says with a grin.

"Who are you?" I growl at him and began to stand up completely.

Well, I tried to.

Something was preventing me from moving. I struggled for a few minutes, causing the human's smile to grow.

"I could introduce myself but you know who I am, don't you Gaius?" He ran his hand through my black hair.

So he was Dexter.

"What the hell do you want?" I narrow my eyes at him.

The other man let out a chuckle. "I must say, Dexter, this went better than expected. I just wanted to attack the pack, kill Cyrus and maybe their alpha while I was at it. But now?" He leaned close. "Now I have Cryus' son, I'm sure he'll come running."

My brows furrowed as I stared at him. How the hell did he know Dad?

"Your boy had one job," he shook his head at Dexter. "He failed terribly, but he gave me something even better- better than he'll ever be!" A full fledged grin fell on his face and he pulled Dexter close to him. "What better way to kill off a pack than to use their own beta to do so? It's perfect!"

"Kill?" I repeat. "So you're not after just Onyx, but you want to harm the pack? Just who are you?"

His smile grew wider and he moved impossibly closer to me until his mouth brushed against my ear.

"What do you know about the Lunar Moon Pack?" He whispered.

My brows furrowed at the question. The Lunar Moon Pack? We were allies with them and had been since...

"You're from the old pack," I accuse.

The Lunar Moon Pack used to be at war with us before Gray, Foster, and I were born. Dad used to tell me all about it after Mom had died. He told me they were all dead but it was the only thing that made sense.

Rather than verbally answering my question, the man just grinned at me before backing up. He pulled Dexter back with him before turning to the woman.

"Oh, Doctor, please do your thing," he says.

The old lady moves towards me, her strange scent floods my nose and I try to figure out what she is. While her scent doesn't give her away, the change in her eye color does.

"You're a witch," I say.

She doesn't reply to me and grabs a syringe out of her coat pocket. It's filled with a clear liquid and I tense.

Just what is that?

She stares at the liquid for a few seconds before she raises it to the side of my neck.

"You might feel a little prick," she says. Her voice sounds as if she hadn't drank water in years.

I want to move but my body refuses to do so. The needle breaks through my skin and almost instantly, a burning pain runs through my body. A groan escaped my mouth before I can stop it and I see the man's grin grow.

"This is always the best part," he tells Dexter.

I see Dexter's mouth move but I can't make out the words. There's a pounding sensation in the back of my head that grows until I can't fight it anymore. My mouth opens but no words come out. Darkness consumes me but I'm still awake.

Just what's happening to me?

The pain in my head spikes and I eventually give into the darkness and pass out.