Chapter 8

"Hey, girly," Troy said after you picked up the phone.

"Oh god," you said.

"What?"

"You only ever call me girly when you need a favour." You sighed. "What is it?"

"Okay, uhm—don't be mad at me," he said.

"Don't give me a reason to be mad."

"Okay." Troy cleared his throat. "You remember that guy from the dating convention?"

"The sexy man?" You said sarcastically.

"Yeah." Troy let out a nervous laugh. "Okay, apparently he's also not out to his parents, so for us to go out on a date he wants me to bring a friend to make it look like it's just a few friends going out together."

"Okay, that doesn't seem too b–"

"He's bringing one of his friends so it's like a double date. Be there at eight tonight. I'll send you the location. Okay, bye."

"Wait, hold on. What?" You exclaimed.

"I know and I'm really sorry, but can you please do this for me?" Troy said. "You know, I can actually see myself committing to this guy."

"That's bullshit," you said. "We both know you're just looking to get fucked."

Troy sighed. "Maybe, but please?"

"If I recall, Troy Buckley, you told me that if you ever decide to talk to a man instead of me, I would get to use your credit card for a day."

"You bitch." Troy laughed.

"It's only fair," you said as you walked into the kitchen.

"So, you're telling me that if I give you my credit card for a whole day, you'll go on a double date with me?"

"Yes," you said. "Although, I do want a picture of the guy."

"I'll send it."

"Okay, I'll be there at eight," you said and sat down at the table next to your mum. "Love you."

"Love you too." He hung up the phone.

You turned to your mother who was scrolling through her phone. It was pretty early in the morning and you had to go to work in thirty minutes, but your parents weren't moving to get to their own jobs. The cafe was a ten minute walk away and they were supposed to open it half an hour ago.

"Okay, mum, you and dad should probably start heading to the–" You stopped as you saw what article your mother was scrolling through. You snatched the phone from her hand and read the title. Kylo Ren spotted exiting his car with a mysterious woman outside Le Bernardin. You zoomed into the picture and sure enough, it was you and Mr Ren. You could've thrown up at that moment. "Why are you reading this?"

"I was just curious," she said.

You had to contain yourself. You couldn't let your mother see how panicked you were. "Well, you shouldn't read nonsense like this when you have work. Now, come on."

"You've never cared about what articles I read," your mum said with a smirk on her face. "You like Kylo Ren. Don't you?"

"What? How did you even reach that conclusion?" You scoffed, but she was still smiling at you. "No. Ew. He's my boss." You helped your mother out of her chair. "I can walk with you to the cafe and then I'll take the bus."

"No wonder why you spend so much time watching his interviews," she said. "It's okay to have a crush, love."

"Mum, I promise you I do not have a crush on my boss. Now, let's get going"