Chapter 13

"Hello, Mr Ren?" You said as you stood up from your seat, heading outside to a more quiet place.

"How sober are you?" Mr Ren said.

"Uh–that's an interesting way to say hello." You tried to crack a joke because you didn't want your boss to know that you were half drunk.

"I know you typically go out with your friends on Friday nights, so I'll keep this quick," he said. "My friends have seen the paparazzi pictures and they want to meet you. They're throwing a yacht party next Saturday, so make sure you free up your schedule."

"Oh, I can't tomorrow I have plans with someone," you said.

"A date?"

"Yeah, with Edward actually," you said and laughed.

The line went quiet on the other end and you thought you had lost connection.

"Hello?" You said.

"Did you forget that we have a business trip this weekend?" Mr Ren said. "Also the yacht party isn't tomorrow, it's the Saturday after."

You paused. Had you completely forgotten, or did Emily forget to tell you? "I guess I forgot. Shit, I'm gonna have to sleep at Coraline's tonight." You didn't mean to swear in front of your boss, but the alcohol was getting the best of you.

"Maybe your team coordinator forgot to tell you," Mr Ren said. "It's just going to be the two of us in Paris. We're meeting with Simplicité and since you're the person who created the design for the skincare line, I want you to be there."

"Paris?" You said. "Wow. That's a long way from New York."

You heard Mr Ren chuckle. "You're drunk aren't you?"

"I—maybe," you said passive aggressively. "But it's a Friday night, sir," You whined.

"Just make sure you get home safe, okay?" He said. "For me."

You almost dropped your phone. "Okay," you said shakily.

"Have a good night," he said.

"You too." You hung up on the phone quickly and whisper-shouted "What the fuck?" As you headed back into the restaurant.

"Change of plans," you said as you sat back down in front of Troy. "No date with Edward tomorrow. I have a business trip with Mr Ren."

"Really?" Troy said.

"In Paris."

"Oh, wow." Troy leaned back in his chair. "This proves my point exactly."

"What point?"

"You've got a little crush on your boss."

"I do not," you said sternly and crossed your arms. "This is my job. It's not like I can say no."

"And it's not like you want to say no."

"I don't have a crush on Kylo Ren," you whined.

"Then why has he come between you and your dating life more than once?" He said. "You've been obsessed with him since you were eighteen and you seriously expect me to believe that the only reason you can't go out with Edward is because of work? Because if it is then I call bullshit."

"But it is," you exclaimed. "I can't say no to a business trip."

"Okay, but what about the last date?"

"He told me he would pay triple."

"But he didn't because you told him not to. You went willingly and then you kissed him."